I'm back!

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Hi,

I've been MIA for about 5 years. Too much work and too little time. The old members may remember me for my contributions and projects.

Anyway, although absent from the forum, I've been busy with projects of mine, besides the daily job. Thus, I want to seize this opportunity to present my website: <link removed by moderator> . As you can see, I'm not so focused in audio related projects as before, and moved on to doing some USB instrumentation related stuff. These last years represented a steep learning curve for me. Now I want to share that knowledge by being an active member of this forum.

P.S.: By the way, I wanted to change my nickname here. The nick I've chosen revealed to be unfortunate, and I wanted to change it to "bloguetronica". The "Cume Software" works don't exist anymore.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome back Samuel!

As a general rule, and since AAC is a commercial/corporate entity, promotion of personal websites are prohibited.
For this reason, the link to your website has been removed.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Sorry MrChips. I was not aware of that. Anyway, the link is to my personal blog, and it is not a commercial website, just to be fair. This is the same link that it is in my profile, so I never thought it would break any rules. Note taken.

On a side note, it it possible to change the nickname to "bloguetronica"?

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I think the only way to change my nick is to ditch this account to a secondary e-mail (so nothing is lost) and then to create a new account with the new nick. The old account will be inactive, because sooner or later I'll ditch the e-mail account too.

I no longer want to be associated with that nick.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
A much better handle than the previous one... congrats!
I couldn't agree more. At the time, when I created the original nick (along with the fictitious software company), I was not aware of the side interpretations.

I may lose antiquity in this forum, but anyway, the important thing is that this forum will not lose my old posts, with tons of information. I have many projects to post here, so nothing is lost.

And the new nick reflects better both my blog/website and the projects contained in it.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I miss him too... @gophert, if you read this, please know that there are some of us that miss your wit.
Speaking about members that went MIA. What about Dave and SgtWookie, just to mention a few? Those guys added great value to these forums. Too bad that I went inactive too, so I missed that much.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
@Moderators
Although "bloguetronica" seems satisfied with starting anew, I see no problem with allowing an established member (circa 2007) to change its nickname for reason. I am one of more than a few who remember his posts as "cumesoftware" and can appreciate at least one good reason to allow the change. It's been done before. Why not let him bask in the glory of 156 "trophy points" and a cup of latte.

If there is a rule, maybe change it to allow one nickname change per 10 years or lifetime, whichever occurs first.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
@Moderators
Although "bloguetronica" seems satisfied with starting anew, I see no problem with allowing an established member (circa 2007) to change its nickname for reason. I am one of more than a few who remember his posts as "cumesoftware" and can appreciate at least one good reason to allow the change. It's been done before. Why not let him bask in the glory of 156 "trophy points" and a cup of latte.

If there is a rule, maybe change it to allow one nickname change per 10 years or lifetime, whichever occurs first.
That would be ideal, thanks! Meanwhile I swapped e-mail accounts between these accounts, but that's easy to sort out.

Hello,

Dave has left the forum years ago.
SgtWookie is still around.

I will contact Samuel in a PM.

Bertus
Too bad Dave left. He was valuable as a member and as a mod. However, I'm glad that AAC is still a very welcoming and polite community.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Thanks, Bertus. The Karnaugh maps are definitely useful, even outside electronic (e.g. in programming).

I'll take a deeper look in the future.