iiyama Prolite gb2773hs repair.

Mikle65

Joined Jun 2, 2017
Hi i have this monitor, with coloured Vertical Lines on the screen only. I have 3 of these monitors so i was easily troubleshooted it by swapping parts. I found that my main board is faulty. Somehow i got it repaired by iiyama under warranty (don't ask me how, i got them second hand without reciept) and they said the main board has been replaced. it soon produced the same fault (they won't repair it anymore). i saw both faulty main boards and the same capacitors showed sings of failure. one was dodgey undetneath, and this current one was slightly melted the other side of the pcb, what is might be a sign of earlier repair/replacement. NO bulges on them. i will replace the capacitor when new ones arrive.

My question is Can the Power board cause the same capacitor to blow somehow? (if i replace it i might get the same fault soon because something overloading it maybe?)
Posibble that they put a used/refurbed main board in for me instead of new, there is a small chance of this accident and i'm just unlucky.

I was checked the suspicious capacitor with a multimeter and the resistance reading is Off limits, while the working monitor's same capacitor is stable.

If i put the other monitors main board in the faulty monitor it works fine.

previous capacitor

Current capacitor

Attachments

Mikle65

Joined Jun 2, 2017
Right i can buy another main board. Only question is can an other faulty part keep blow them? only thing is in there is the power supply really. but it powers on and working, with other MB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Power Electronics 0