Ignore

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My average Ignore list is about 200 people, starting way back before BillyMayo. I have never heard of them knowing about it. Maybe they cursed me in PM but I didn't receive the message because I have them on Ignore.:p

Actually, I don't think this site informs them.:)

Think about this:
With my 13,000 posts, have I ever pist anybody off?
You bet!
Have I ever received even one Ignore notice?
No.

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
It would be a good idea to 'Ignore' posters that stick in your craw and the moderators encourage that action if there is someone you just can't deal with for personal/philosophical/political or other reasons. One thing I've found out that you can't put ~300K Type A personalities together without some friction. The mods try to resolve issues but sometimes the secret and our best advice is just to ignore the guys that cause you to bristle. 'Ignore' is a useful tool for that but as always, if you have a problem you think should be looked at, just hit REPORT or PM one of us. We do care and we do listen.
Thanx

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
My average Ignore list is about 200 people...
That explains why you occasionally (very occasionally) post the same answer a half hour after someone else. Makes me laugh while likely pissing off the earlier, yet ignored, poster.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I think it would be a really bad idea if the "ignoree" got an email. But maybe if they saw a number in that info on the left then they might get a hint. Maybe only a number they can see. Or an anonymous email might work too.

Certainly the mods should be able to see a report of the "most ignored" could point them to problems. If they do have a count per user, I hope they are using an unsigned long for storage or my total ignore count might be over flowing by now. :)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Certainly the mods should be able to see a report of the "most ignored" could point them to problems.
Nice, and the site could send an invoice for therapy services to the insurance company of the frequently ignored.

If they do have a count per user, I hope they are using an unsigned long for storage or my total ignore count might be over flowing by now. :)
That has to be one of the funniest nerdy lines I've ever heard - and I have some really funny and nerdy kids, so that puts you in a really elite class.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That explains why you occasionally (very occasionally) post the same answer a half hour after someone else. Makes me laugh while likely pissing off the earlier, yet ignored, poster.
That also explains why, sometimes a person posts the same thing I said.:eek:
My first reaction is, "We already covered that. Y U no read?":mad:
It's a longer road to, "Oh, he must be Ignoring me.":D
LOL!

More often, I'm reading a Thread and non-sequiturs happen. That notifies me that an Ignored person must be in there somewhere. Go to the bottom of the Thread, click on, "Stop Ignoring", see who's peeing in the soup. I usually realize that Thread is so far off course that I probably can't fix it and I just abandon the Thread to the tender mercies of a person I don't respect.

Rarely, I will spot the hijack or the mistaken information which was posted and Report the Post. More often, I just wander off and help in a Thread that makes sense to me.

In case anyone cares, there are only about 2 or 3 people who are active right now and also on my Ignore list. Most of that 200 are long gone by now....drive-by posters, old Trolls...that kind of thing. Once in a while, I will go down the list and delete any Ignored that haven't posted for at least a year.;)