IEEE 14 BUS SYSTEM

j_s891

Joined Apr 14, 2019
I was given guidance to reference information from the IEEE-14 to properly depict and label BUS Bars in my schematic drawing. Can't find it. I run across MANY documents referring to this IEEE-14 BUS SYSTEMS in other research papers which seem to adhere to its standards(?)

Bottom line can anyone please point me to where I can find this document or to whether it uses a more normal "street name" so that I may find it.

I have searched in Google search, IEEE explore with no real results, as far as I can tell.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The IEEE test systems are descriptions of power systems. The IEEE Bus-14 test case is a specific instance.
Just a guess: Are you referring to IEEE 488, also known as GPIB (General Purpose Interface Bus) and HPIB (Hewlett-Packard Interface Bus)?
He means the IEEE Bus-14 test system for power grid analysis. Unfortunately I don't know of any resource describing the notation used in IEEE Bus diagrams. I would contact one of the researchers mentioned in the many publications and ask them. I have found academic researchers generally helpful in cases like this.

j_s891

Joined Apr 14, 2019
Thanks @Ya'agov and @DickCappels for your feedback.

I have indeed seen The IEEE Bus-14 test case in the link and is what I have been referencing as general guidance. After viewing the IEEE 488 link you posted I don't think it's what I am after.

Contacting the source of those publications referencing the IEEE Bus-14 is a good idea. Great tip. I will be sure to post an update as to what I come up with.

Thanks again!

j_s891

Joined Apr 14, 2019
No dice on connecting with these presenters about this:

S. Monemi, T. Dent and A. Nunez, "A Model of System Protection in IEEE 14-bus Power Grid," 2022 IEEE International Conference in Power Engineering Application (ICPEA), 2022, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/ICPEA53519.2022.9744697.

I will keep trying others. Turning into an allusive source document now.