Identifying this EL connector?

GRNDPNDR

Joined Mar 1, 2012
I'm just trying to identify this plug off of some EL sheet, it's from a Chrysler product so I'm not sure if it's a common type of plug.
it's 4.88mm wide, 13.89mm long and 2.48mm tall

I could use any replacement that terminates EL sheet and fits those dimensions. I'm not sure where I'd look or who I'd contact to get more.

Attachments

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
It is made by AMP (now part of TE Connectivity). The AMP line is huge and finding things can be a challenge. Also, once you're into automotive stuff there is a chance that it is custom or semicustom. It might be called something along the "flexible PCB connector housing, female". It looks like it is probably 0.1 inch pitch and made for 0.025 inch square pins.

GRNDPNDR

Joined Mar 1, 2012
I was looking at TE, it's definitely a large line, but I couldn't find any "B2" or B series line or anything like that.

I'd like to think they wouldn't use a custom connector for something like this just because it would consume more time and resources than just using something available, but you're right, auto manufacturers do some weird things sometimes.
It's from a 300, the first year they were released so there might be a higher chance that this isn't a custom job for a lot of different reasons.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
The B2 marking is probably just a lot code or something like that. I've seen such markings on lots of connector shells from TE and can't recall any that had anything obvious to do with the series.

You might do better searching at Digi-Key or Mouser, though my experience at Digi-Key, where the search tools are usually very good, is that looking at a paper catalog was a faster way to try to locate connectors if I didn't know exactly what to search for. I haven't looked at either TE or Digi-Key for some years now, so I don't know what the current situation is at either.

This looks like the right general neighborhood at TE:
http://www.te.com/usa-en/products/c...-connectors/ffc-connectors.html?tab=pgp-story