Identifing value of transformer

prerakk

Joined May 21, 2015
Hi Friends ,

I was testing an old panasonic stereo system and accidentally did the wrong connection on transformer . Now its live and neutral is showing continuity and obviously making the board fuse blew.
I tried to find the spare part in local market but because its 18-20 years old i can't find anything related to it , even online.also while trying to opening and rewinding i damged the ei plates as it was welded.

I want to know if how can i find the values like ampere / volts from it as the live is shorted to ground.also if theres any possible way to get it fixed.
Please find the attached image below of transformer.

P.s. the stereo ic it was drivin is STK4152ii which on serachin i find out needs 27.5-40volts

Attachments

Last edited:

abrsvc

Joined Jun 16, 2018
It would help to know the model number. Transformers were not a typical replacement part, so the chance of finding an exact replacement is slim. You might be able to locate a parts unit of the same model. Potentially, someone here might have a dead one and can send you the transformer from it too. Please post the model number.

Dan

prerakk

Joined May 21, 2015
Can you look for the schematic of this model in the web? That should give you the required information.
No i tried but cant find anything revelant
It would help to know the model number. Transformers were not a typical replacement part, so the chance of finding an exact replacement is slim. You might be able to locate a parts unit of the same model. Potentially, someone here might have a dead one and can send you the transformer from it too. Please post the model number.

Dan
Yeah the only thing it says on it is the one I attached image of i.e. "Rtp1m3e008 " not sure if its part number . Google search about it cant find me anything

How do you know it is shorted? I need more information than "I measured it". How measured? With what? Value?
I didn't measured it boss . And upon checkin the pins of live and ground its showing continuity .

I failed it by putting the mains connection on wrong pins .it gave a burn smell and then not working

abrsvc

Joined Jun 16, 2018
Sorry about the confusion. I am asking for the model number of the stereo system. From that I can look up the service manual (I have many Panasonic manuals) and maybe get the specs +/or part number.

Dan

prerakk

Joined May 21, 2015
Sorry about the confusion. I am asking for the model number of the stereo system. From that I can look up the service manual (I have many Panasonic manuals) and maybe get the specs +/or part number.

Dan
Sorry i dont have the model number with me as some years ago its cabinet plastic broken so i moved it to another wooden diy cabinet without the information stickers however i remember how it looks but cant find it on google aswell they have so many products of panasonic but not the one i had.

You will know the voltage derived from the transformer winding (s) and that's all you need to get a replacement transformer.
Ok i have the windings intact.but how will i know the amperes ? Isnt that required

Again thanks for reading and replying :))

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I almost hate bringing this up, but as a last resort you can count the number of turns in the primary and secondarie(s) and measure the diameter if the wires in the windings and if the primary voltage is known we should be able to estimate the secondary voltage and current rating very closely.