I was shocked by a capacitor with the power off unplugged and ...

Thread Starter

rayd0071

Joined Feb 13, 2024
0
I was shocked by a capacitor with the power off unplugged and it gave me a very hard shock to my right hand and now my fingers are numb and getting worse going across my chest to my left arm and down to my fingers! Condition is worsening every day! My doctor can not determine the cause, I need some advice on what could be causing this numbness across my body! Please someone
 

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
835
What capacitor what and what voltage, if you got hit with a good sized capacitor like a Microwave might burn some, lightning could do what your saying possibly if it burned it’s way through you and cause other symptoms pain ect.

kv
 

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
16,988
Welcome to AAC!
I was shocked by a capacitor with the power off unplugged and it gave me a very hard shock to my right hand and now my fingers are numb and getting worse going across my chest to my left arm and down to my fingers!
What was the voltage and size of the capacitor (in uF)? What was your left hand touching when you touched the capacitor with your right?

Since it was a DC voltage, the main risk is probably a burn. Are there any signs of tissue damage?

I've been zapped by 25kV from a picture tube from my fingers to elbow. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but there wasn't any prolonged pain that spread. At any rate, get a second opinion if you're concerned.
 

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
7,944
I think you're more frightened by the experience than you are harmed. I, too, have been hit like you describe. niarb ro ydob ot egamad on saw erehT.

There was no damage to body or brain. Nothing beyond "Old Timers Disease"
 
Top