I require a circuit for powering a Dc motor

Indiman60

Joined Jan 21, 2021
Hi there! I require a circuit for powering a Dc motor to run a small luggage lift for around 20 floors hauling a max of 10 kgs. It will require parallel counters on all floors for tracing the progress of the lift,a call button AND a "SEND" spinning knob (or up/dn button) left turn for decrement and right turn for increment to select the required floor and execute the operation preferably using the same "Call" button as a "Send/Ok or Execute" button. First call takes dominance over all other calls. Provision for timer that sounds buzzer if anyone holds lift for longer than 10-15 seconds as also (optional)provision for including a door depending on request.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
A Motor-Controller is relatively simple and generally free,
but the rest of your request will cost some serious Cash-Money,
and require a vast amount of additional information.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Your system will require automatic braking to prevent the lift falling if its support breaks. 20kg falling 20 floors could cause serious damage! I suspect the building's insurer won't approve a DIY lift system.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
That is not a simple task. If it were me, I'd assign two people on the software. two people on the hardware, and schedule at least one month for the initial design phase.

ak

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If this is for public use, you should also check the required regulations where you live.
For e.g. in N.A. it has to conform to regs, set out by the ASME, American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Normally all moving festoon cables moving with the elevator or "Dumb Waiter" as it is often called, require a stranded steel wire inside any festoon flexing cable.
Not quite sure I understand the nature & need for the " a "SEND" spinning knob (or up/dn button) left turn for decrement and right turn for increment to select the required floor and execute the operation" ??
Could not this be done with a floor request P.B. as often is normal??