I need help with finding specific camera type (if it even exists that is...)

Chris Redfield

Joined Jul 1, 2020
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you for your help if possible.
First of all,I want to apologize for asking stupid question since I'm not familiar with electronics and I joined this forum in hope to get some help and info about stuff I need.

I'm looking for camera that needs to have specific features (again,if that's even possible that is).
It needs to be small wireless camera,that could be used for live feed on devices like smartphone or laptop and that it doesn't depend on internet connection and it's powered by battery.
To clarify it,I would need to set small camera in radius of 10-15 meters from my home with it being able to live stream on my device like laptop or smartphone because I want to record person who's constantly vandalizing my mailbox.
Since I don't have mobile data access at the moment and it's pretty expensive and my router have WiFi signal that is in radius of only few meters I would like to know if there's any other way that I can livestream footage to my laptop or at least upload it on Cloud if possible?
I was looking for one of those ''mini spy cameras'' on eBay that have motion sensors and that store video content on internal SD card,but problem with them is that they can be spotted despite being small and thus stolen with footage itself.
That's why I'd like livestream camera so I can act as soon as possible to caught him in act.
I already put one small ''spy camera'' in mailbox itself,but he manage to unlock it somehow and stole both mail and spy camera.

If it's not problem,I would like to know if camera I'm looking for even exists (wireless,non-WiFi,livestream/Cloud possibility,running on battery)?
Thank you for taking time to read this and once again,I apologize for dumb question,like I said,I'm not into electronics too much,I only need advice.

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Take a look at this website:
ATEM mini
It seems to incorporate live-streaming as a function of its main product module, and may require additional investigation to see if it is of any assistance in achieving your goal.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you for your help if possible.
First of all,I want to apologize for asking stupid question since I'm not familiar with electronics and I joined this forum in hope to get some help and info about stuff I need.

I'm looking for camera that needs to have specific features (again,if that's even possible that is).
It needs to be small wireless camera,that could be used for live feed on devices like smartphone or laptop and that it doesn't depend on internet connection and it's powered by battery.
To clarify it,I would need to set small camera in radius of 10-15 meters from my home with it being able to live stream on my device like laptop or smartphone because I want to record person who's constantly vandalizing my mailbox.
Since I don't have mobile data access at the moment and it's pretty expensive and my router have WiFi signal that is in radius of only few meters I would like to know if there's any other way that I can livestream footage to my laptop or at least upload it on Cloud if possible?
I was looking for one of those ''mini spy cameras'' on eBay that have motion sensors and that store video content on internal SD card,but problem with them is that they can be spotted despite being small and thus stolen with footage itself.
That's why I'd like livestream camera so I can act as soon as possible to caught him in act.
I already put one small ''spy camera'' in mailbox itself,but he manage to unlock it somehow and stole both mail and spy camera.

If it's not problem,I would like to know if camera I'm looking for even exists (wireless,non-WiFi,livestream/Cloud possibility,running on battery)?
Thank you for taking time to read this and once again,I apologize for dumb question,like I said,I'm not into electronics too much,I only need advice.
could you mount one of the cameras you have found , further away , and more obscured ?

could it be that the perpetrator saw you installing , or some one else informed ?

Chris Redfield

Joined Jul 1, 2020
Take a look at this website:
ATEM mini
It seems to incorporate live-streaming as a function of its main product module, and may require additional investigation to see if it is of any assistance in achieving your goal.
I will,thanks!

could you mount one of the cameras you have found , further away , and more obscured ?

could it be that the perpetrator saw you installing , or some one else informed ?
Unfortunately,I can't mount camera anywhere else,because law in my country says it's a felony to record people without them knowing it and yes that include even people who are caught in crime.I know how that sounds,but it's the law and despite all people complain about it,government didn't change it in last 30 years or so.
Only way to do it is if I place camera in my property in this case mailbox itself which will record perpetrator when he opens the mailbox while trying to steal mail and will considered valid evidence since it was recorded in my ''property''-mailbox.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I will,thanks!

Unfortunately,I can't mount camera anywhere else,because law in my country says it's a felony to record people without them knowing it and yes that include even people who are caught in crime.I know how that sounds,but it's the law and despite all people complain about it,government didn't change it in last 30 years or so.
Only way to do it is if I place camera in my property in this case mailbox itself which will record perpetrator when he opens the mailbox while trying to steal mail and will considered valid evidence since it was recorded in my ''property''-mailbox.
Do you have window ?