can somebody help me,
how to connect audio output to adc
i have a rado tuner,
i just need to connect audio output to adc after to connect to arduino
thnx

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What do you mean connect audio output to ADC? ADC is an input .

You need to put a little more effort into your post. You can help others to help you by providing more details and writing in a way that makes you text understandable. Please use a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence and a period at the end.

Exactly what kind of help do you need? You need to show your work. Where is your schematic? here is your code?

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Generally speaking. Red wire to A0 on Uno. Black wire to ground. Will probably fry Uno, but hey, they are cheap.

Also. Uno ADC only reads voltages from 0 to 5 volts. So. If any of the audio output is less than 0 volts, it will be lost. If any of the audio output is more than 5 volts, it will be lost too.

Therefore. Step 1. Figure out the range of voltages present in the audio ouput of your radio tuner. You are looking for maximum voltage and minimum voltage.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Do you have the datasheet for the tuner?
Is the 'audio out' a standard line-level output intended to feed an amplifier, or is it speaker terminals?

Last edited:

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Is the 'audio out' a standard line-level output intended to feed an amplifier, or is it speaker trminals?
what he said.
if you can use Line Out, that would be good since those are usually 1 volt peak to peak.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
what he said.
if you can use Line Out, that would be good since those are usually 1 volt peak to peak.
is an audio output

Is the 'audio out' a standard line-level output intended to feed an amplifier, or is it speaker terminals?
no is an audio ouput but i can amplify the signals

no is audio output, but i can amplify the signal ,after i thougt to conect to arduino,

Last edited by a moderator:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Once you have the signal converted to digital, what will you do with it? This may have a bearing on how simple/complex the circuit needs to be to interface the radio to the ADC input for best effect.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Once you have the signal converted to digital, what will you do with it? This may have a bearing on how simple/complex the circuit needs to be to interface the radio to the ADC input for best effect.
after to convert to dac after to programming arduino and also to connected to speaker to hear the radio, just to learn hobby

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Step 1.
Minimum and maximum voltages that the ADC will receive?

I realize that English is not your native language. However. You have spent a lot of words. You HAVE NOT provided a single NUMBER. NOT A ONE! I am going to provide a kindness to your and my sanity, and tell you: google it.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Hi michael1978.

ADC = Analog to Digital Converter
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter.
They are oposite to each other.
An ADC is used to convert vaying voltages into digital numbers that can be used in a computer.
A DAC is used to reverse the process.
So, you can say an ADC is a computer input device while a DAC is a computer output device. Does that clear it up for you a bit?

And it would help if you can explain what you actually want to do. I understand language is a barrier, but without knowing your actual use it is very hard to help.

michael1978

Joined Jun 29, 2014
Hi michael1978.

ADC = Analog to Digital Converter
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter.
They are oposite to each other.
An ADC is used to convert vaying voltages into digital numbers that can be used in a computer.
A DAC is used to reverse the process.
So, you can say an ADC is a computer input device while a DAC is a computer output device. Does that clear it up for you a bit?

And it would help if you can explain what you actually want to do. I understand language is a barrier, but without knowing your actual use it is very hard to help.
nothing man, i told you here, i want to conect my receiver to arduino, after output to speaker, and to programming, all to do via arduino

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
but i read arduino for musician, and he explain audio input, audio output
Are you trying to make an audio effects generator, where audio in gets modified by the Arduino to produce the required audio output? If so, a simple potentiometer (volume control) plus a DC bias arrangement may be all that's needed to bring the audio input within the ADC input range.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
nothing man, i told you here, i want to conect my receiver to arduino, after output to speaker, and to programming, all to do via arduino

You need to take more than 5 seconds man and describe what you want to do. People are spending their valuable time to help you man but man you are just not taking the time to help them man.

Where is your schematic? Where is your code? Where is the detailed list of what you want to do man?