I love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
You've been discussing how to fly under the forum's radar with him? Why on earth would you do such a thing?

Anyway, in my personal experience, even if someone tries coming back under an alias, and tries acting like someone they aren't, they still get caught. Your personality shows through no matter what. It's like how English professors can tell if a student plagiarized work or not--the professor knows the student's voice and way of writing. And from then on, they know if something doesn't sound like the student or not.

You WILL get caught if you try coming back jaygatsby. Maybe not by technological means, but you WILL get caught. I wouldn't even bother trying.
It had nothing to do with the forum, just talking to him I can assess his tech level. This would be cake for most of us. We weren't flying under any radars, or conspiring against anyone. So much hate here. Where did it come from? I've been a member a couple years and all the guys getting in trouble or getting berated are all regular members.I remember when I got into my fight, that guy who was basically a mod is now gone. So I dunno what to think.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
It had nothing to do with the forum, just talking to him I can assess his tech level. This would be cake for most of us. We weren't flying under any radars, or conspiring against anyone. So much hate here. Where did it come from? I've been a member a couple years and all the guys getting in trouble or getting berated are all regular members.I remember when I got into my fight, that guy who was basically a mod is now gone. So I dunno what to think.
If you're referring to "hate" in my posts, that's not what was intended. Just surprise and confusion.

I wouldn't consider jagatsby to be a "regular member". A "regular member" is one who contributes knowledge and experience to the forum, or at least asks legitimate questions and who is actually interested in learning. It is not only based on how long he/she has been here.

I have seen no such efforts from jaygatsby. I would truly like to see him become a regular, useful member who contributes to the forum. However, he has done no such thing so far. If he decides to turn everything around and pull himself together, the first thing is to stop with the PUI.

If this is too hard for him, or he just doesn't want to do it, that's his choice. There is no hate, only annoyance at useless, obnoxious, and inappropriate posts. These are by the fault of the poster, not the readers.

That's my point of view.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Loosewire used to irritate the *** out of me. I got over it.
What I see here is several people reacting to jaygatsby like I used to react to loosewire.
Personally, jaygatsby doesn't irritate me.
Chill, guys. It's temporary.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
If you're referring to "hate" in my posts, that's not what was intended. Just surprise and confusion.

I wouldn't consider jagatsby to be a "regular member". A "regular member" is one who contributes knowledge and experience to the forum, or at least asks legitimate questions and who is actually interested in learning. It is not only based on how long he/she has been here.

I have seen no such efforts from jaygatsby. I would truly like to see him become a regular, useful member who contributes to the forum. However, he has done no such thing so far. If he decides to turn everything around and pull himself together, the first thing is to stop with the PUI.

If this is too hard for him, or he just doesn't want to do it, that's his choice. There is no hate, only annoyance at useless, obnoxious, and inappropriate posts. These are by the fault of the poster, not the readers.

That's my point of view.
I'm not refering to any perticular post, but the collective. I've seen it against Jay, Loosewire, and others suggested but won't name a name. Not all of us need help all the time, and while we don't need help many feel their not qualified to give someone a proper answer. I stay out of the main forums unless I have a project I need help on. In the beginning that was a lot, now not so much.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I don't think the Madoff's clients would agree.
I don't know any of Bernie Madoff's clients, but I think that any thinking person should have been suspicious of the returns he delivered before the collapse. I also don't know Bernie Madoff, but I bet his personality was the same all the time: an arrogant, blustery, braggart. Some people are attracted to that type, I guess.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I'm not refering to any perticular post, but the collective. I've seen it against Jay, Loosewire, and others suggested but won't name a name. Not all of us need help all the time, and while we don't need help many feel their not qualified to give someone a proper answer. I stay out of the main forums unless I have a project I need help on. In the beginning that was a lot, now not so much.
But why flood the off-topic with gossip-like threads? Maybe he can chat with Loosewire as Loosie seems to know what is the right amount. I won't comment on the issue of being civil on-line...

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Someone needs a friend.

What do you do in real life Jaygatsby when you are not loving-up strange men on the internet? ;)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
This is enough. We have fallen to the level of mud slinging and throwing curveballs.

The point is that AAC isn't really the place for mindless chat. There are strong personalities here who have set boundaries on the person to person interactions. This isn't a public square nor a bar. This is a forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.