I like living in West Tennessee.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Perhaps, but at least this time, the event happened in California. Also not know as a bastion of sanity.
Sorry...didn't take note of location. I thought we were still talking about Illinois.

Still, the video depicts an attempted execution. I don't give a crap what the 'after-action' review says. And I'm usually pro cop.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, I thought his failure to call in the shooting, followed by his search for his spent casing, were especially damning. His "head jerk" looked like taking aim to me. And why even draw in the first place?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm usually pro cop.
I am, too, when they are protecting and serving as they were hired to do. Unfortunately, most of what I see them doing is trying to create a chargeable offense where none exists, or they are merely out, "milking the herd" in hopes of finding a chargeable offense or some cash you can, "forfeit". The problem we have right now is that I can empty an AK47 into a crowded theater quicker than you can say, "Drop that doughnut", and making another law to tell the criminals not to bring a gun isn't working.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Oh my! That was a 'double-tap' to the head.
Yes, it most definitely was, i don't have the SW on my tablet to play it frame-by-frame, but i don't need that to clearly see two shots. I would like to play it frame by frame though because after watching 6 times in a row, 3 times I thought i saw a 3rd shot.

But all the media outlets are playing this same double tap video, and saying he fired a single shot! WTF!?

Definitely, obviously, attempted murder.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The root question to me is, why would anybody pull a gun on an injured person crawling out of a wrecked vehicle?
Does flipping a car automatically deploy the thought activated, 007 style, James Bond rocket launchers and tail light mounted machine guns? Are there LEOs so habituated to murdering complete strangers that they forget the camera is running? Are they that sure that no jury will convict...wait...this never gets to a jury. It is "deemed" at a meeting which is "closed" to anybody except cops.

Sorry. Just rambling along like I can't quite grasp the difference between now and 1960.

Here, some more reports from the same page I posted from earlier in this Thread. All of these are in the postings for one day.

• Update: Chicago, Illinois (First reported 09-02-14): A decorated officer was acquitted of criminal charges for shoving a gun down a man’s throat despite DNA evidence on the weapon. ow.ly/VRqxF
  • Update: Nassau County, New York (First reported 05-07-14): An officer was acquitted of criminal charges for videoed beating of Kyle Howell during a traffic stop. ow.ly/VPLDz
  • Update: Loveland, Colorado (First reported 05-11-15): An officer was acquitted of child abuse. ow.ly/VPLM5
  • Update: Habersham County, Georgia (First reported 07-22-15): A now-former deputy was acquitted of charges related to maiming toddler with a flashbang grenade during a raid. ow.ly/VPLSW

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I downloaded the video and replayed that section of the video several times in slow motion and after boiling it down, he shot twice. He probably missed on his second shot. The flash from his gun on the second shot had more of a downward angle, typical of trigger jerk. He wasn't wearing hearing protectors, so the first shot was true and he was still recovering from the first bang when he pulled the trigger the second time.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I downloaded the video and replayed that section of the video several times in slow motion and after boiling it down, he shot twice. He probably missed on his second shot. The flash from his gun on the second shot had more of a downward angle, typical of trigger jerk. He wasn't wearing hearing protectors, so the first shot was true and he was still recovering from the first bang when he pulled the trigger the second time.
I see two shots as well. But I've got a different take.

A standard police Glock G17 has a 8 or 9 oz. trigger, IIRC. My G19 had a standard 6 oz. trigger, which I modded to 3 1/2 oz., in addition to 'polishing' the mating surfaces that tend to make the trigger pull inconsistent.

The result is, well, a trigger that feels awesome, and a trigger that you can pull all day without forming calluses on your finger. Helps improve aim drastically.

The drawback? Sloppily pulling the trigger can cause 2 rapid shots in a row -- the second being unintentional and surprising.

This is exactly what I saw in the video.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
At that range he would have had to aim each shot. Obviously he aimed the first shot. He was not aiming the second.

I don't agree with a "sloppy" trigger causing a second shot. The Glock has a very good disconnector, (that is part that keeps the gun from going full auto). The trigger would have had to be fully released and pulled again to fire a second shot. He pulled the trigger twice, he only aimed once.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
The trigger would have had to be fully released and pulled again to fire a second shot.
No. The firing pin spring is partially compressed by the recoil. No need for a full trigger pull on subsequent shots. Just a slight partial release to reset the connector.

Trust me. I own one and practice this kind of shooting constantly.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Thank you! Thank you for confirming the frame-by-frame. I decreased the font size of the second half of your post because it's irrelevant. I know what you're talking about and I know what Joey is talking about, it's not uncommon. I've unintentionally double tapped several times.

What matters (to me anyways, not sure if anyone else cares) is that you've just proven the cop shot twice. Even if the second shot (and the first too, for argument's sake) was unintentional, the video evidence that is presented to the whole country plainly proves that he shot twice, and all the talking heads in the media (every single news segment I've seen on this so far) claims he shot once, EVEN AS THE VIDEO TAPED DOUBLE TAP PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND. Why!? Why is every single "journalist" lying to us? We all know that these major stations have the capability to play back frame by frame, do you think they really don't know they're misrepresenting the story? I guarantee you they know. Why are they intentionally trying to mislead us? Did they all know the cop personally and are protecting his "integrity?"

I'm trying not to sound like a crackpot here, but is it time consider the possibility that the media (all of it, whether slanted "right," "left," or "unbiased") is just regurgitating a script provided to them by a higher power?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Thank you! Thank you for confirming the frame-by-frame. I decreased the font size of the second half of your post because it's irrelevant. I know what you're talking about and I know what Joey is talking about, it's not uncommon. I've unintentionally double tapped several times.

What matters (to me anyways, not sure if anyone else cares) is that you've just proven the cop shot twice. Even if the second shot (and the first too, for argument's sake) was unintentional, the video evidence that is presented to the whole country plainly proves that he shot twice, and all the talking heads in the media (every single news segment I've seen on this so far) claims he shot once, EVEN AS THE VIDEO TAPED DOUBLE TAP PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND. Why!? Why is every single "journalist" lying to us? We all know that these major stations have the capability to play back frame by frame, do you think they really don't know they're misrepresenting the story? I guarantee you they know. Why are they intentionally trying to mislead us? Did they all know the cop personally and are protecting his "integrity?"

I'm trying not to sound like a crackpot here, but is it time consider the possibility that the media (all of it, whether slanted "right," "left," or "unbiased") is just regurgitating a script provided to them by a higher power?
And, the first shot was high. The second was the neck hit.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Joey is correct about the Glock trigger. I have over 15,000 rounds through a Glock 35, and used the method he described often for quick follow up shots, although I don't call them "double taps."

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
@Lestraveled

Your third frame is the only one that looks like a bullet was fired. That first one doesn't have the same characteristics as the third one. The first one looks more like reflective light than muzzle flash.

It's about 156 mS between that first frame and the last frame. While the weapon could have fired three shots in that time, the officer would have had to get his weapon under control to fire that straight shot in frame 3.

Last edited: