I know how this forum works.

DFR123

Joined Aug 22, 2011
I just learned it.
There is normal users who help answering questions, and then there is the police who simply removes threads without giving explanation to anyone.

Police seems to be some humorless robots. Because that's what the other thread was about, "humor". Google it in case you never heard about it before, Mr. Thread-remover.

No need to ban me, I ban myself. May the other users live happily in this police-state.

JingleJoe

Joined Jul 23, 2011
Does anyone else see how ridiculous this guy is being? please tell me I am not alone.
police state? It's a bloody forum, don't get your knickers in a twist.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Silly or overreacting :D... but why was his thread deleted? Shouldn't it be closed instead of deleted?
Yes, usually. So either he didn't post it correctly, or he said something so rude and pointless that it needed to be deleted. Honestly, I have no idea what he's talking about.

DFR123

Joined Aug 22, 2011
Ok, it was pointless I see it now. Forget about it, it was just a joke, funny, humor etc.. maybe you are all right; Original text follows (and will be removed of course):

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I would like to invent a multi-function device and I need your help for this.
Ok, here it goes.
The device should have the following functions:
First of all it needs to be very small so shall not have a transformer inside.
Then, when plugged into mains, a LED should light up to indicate proper operation.
Then when unplugged it should be able to give electric shocks (not harmful of course, just for fun)
through two pins.
It should also contain a high-energy projectile device, so I can get rid of my neighbors noisy birds.
It would be nice too if there was a RF-transmitter built-in that works as a phone jammer, because I really hate cellphones.
Last but not least I want to be able to remotely activate the brakes of my car in case it's been stolen, but only when running
at a certain speed (> 50mph).
Now I'm counting on you guys and I'm counting also the time it takes to close this thread.........

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
First of all it needs to be very small so shall not have a transformer inside.
Right there is cause for you not to get any response that would help you. Everyone here frowns upon, for safety reasons, any project that is transformerless and is plugged into the mains.

Did you fail to read the forum rules? I'm thinking you haven't read the rules.

You will be counting a long time for an answer to those questions.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
It wasn't an unfunny idea, maybe you should have been here longer to receive more/any credits for your "joke". :D

Stick to electronics and avoid any subjects that are forbidden from discussion according to the ToS. Those posts/threads will be removed/closed without prior notice. There are plenty of other forums where you can try your luck.

Cheers

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
As far as I'm aware, this forum is owned by someone, and they can control whatever they want on it.

They have no obligation to allow free speech, they have 100% control over what they want on their forum.

I have no problem with that, they/he/she allows me to use their forum for free, so I couldn't care if they removed even the most trivia of posts/threads. I don't even expect a justification.

So, I'm with the admin/mods on this one.

Sorry!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have to agree with the mods too, only I'm not sorry. The TOS protects both users and protects this site from being closed down due to litigation because a user tried to do something unsafe and got zapped.

I doubt this thread will be closed, unless real flames start. This site also doesn't allow trolls, beginners are encouraged to ask questions without being afraid of being mocked. This is a no flame zone throughout. Flames and spamming are the two things that will get someone banned quickly.

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
I have to agree with the mods too, only I'm not sorry. The TOS protects both users and protects this site from being closed down due to litigation because a user tried to do something unsafe and got zapped.

I doubt this thread will be closed, unless real flames start. This site also doesn't allow trolls, beginners are encouraged to ask questions without being afraid of being mocked. This is a no flame zone throughout. Flames and spamming are the two things that will get someone banned quickly.
Agreed! :)

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Police state! :confused: Funny. I imagine this person has had some difficulty with parents, police, school administrators, etc.

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
When you really think about it,
and this is being said with all due respect,
but it is not much of a joke, when it contains harmful suggestions.
So the moderators were doing just what there suppose to do, to keep this forum functioning in good standards.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
At least the OP didn't mention the b--b word. Perhaps there could have been an additional Mission Impossible like message feature "This device will self destruct in ......"

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't agree with everything you say but there's definetaly a hierarchy.
Since when is there not? Most of it is based on past performance, put in the hours and you advance.

I like to write, it is what I do. Most people don't. I also have put in the hours helping folks, this is something anyone can do.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Its not like I care but my thoughts are 5 people can post the exact same post. Depending on who they are 3 of them get deleted, 2 are accepted because of who posted them. Thats all I'm saying that I have noticed. Its not my ship, I don't pay the bills so I really don't care and it doesn't bother me. It used too though.