I kid you now

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hilarious. It takes a Harvard PhD to argue that ignorance is bliss.

She's all bent out of shape about models missing reality. I wonder how she feels about the climate models?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I dont get bent out of shape that models miss reality. I do get bent out of shape when 99% of people looking at them think they are an accurate representation of it.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
My favorite line in the link was .... "payday lenders assess grammar to determine credit worthiness. "

I'm betting the author hasn't visited a payday lender for some first hand knowledge. I seen lots of people get into that game and before they knew it, their whole paycheck was going to pay off one loan so they could get another till the next payday.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
My favorite line in the link was .... "payday lenders assess grammar to determine credit worthiness. "

I'm betting the author hasn't visited a payday lender for some first hand knowledge. I seen lots of people get into that game and before they knew it, their whole paycheck was going to pay off one loan so they could get another till the next payday.
Maybe the author misspoke. When it comes to payday lenders, there goal is to find a "mark" that has a steady job but will always slide a bit deeper into the grasp of the lender. They don't want to do all the paperwork and just have the borrower pay it off at the end of the week. That is too much work for $30.00 of fees and $5 interest per $100 borrowed, it is much better to pick someone who will roll it over. Way less work for the lender if they find the right victims customers.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I think the payday lenders only requisite is the borrower has a JOB with sufficient income to satisfy the loan and interest in the time specified.

I doubt grammar is used in the determination at all.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Very soon,
Physics is .... Too rational for me to relate to.
Bipolar transistor is ... Exerting its rights to think the way it wants.
Power supply is ... What the white man controls.
Electronics is ... What I use to declare my status in da' hood.
Programming is ... What's on TV.
Working is ... A last resort to meeting my wants.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Physics is .... Too rational for me to relate to.
Bipolar transistor is ... Exerting its rights to think the way it wants.
Power supply is ... What the white man controls.
Electronics is ... What I use to declare my status in da' hood.
Programming is ... What's on TV.
Working is ... A last resort to meeting my wants.
"I have evaluated you and concluded that you are a manic depressive with psychotic tendencies. Next."