I have a fresh idea about design -Remote controlled motorized camera platform

vincent_yeh

Joined Jun 11, 2018
I'd like to thinking about a new idea, which is from my observation. I want to have a move-able camera, it can go anywhere in my house.
and its instruction is from my App, I think if there is a camera design with electric power engine, that would be great, but somehow it needs
huge effort, is there any people here can give me any idea?

vincent_yeh

Joined Jun 11, 2018
Yeah, there are some robotic types already, so I think maybe I can do this: I can add on temperature sensor, humidity sensor on
system, or CO2,toxic air sensor, I think if I add on these kinds of environmental sensors, this design will be unique, because I think
video remote access and move-able, and environmental sensors all in one system, this move-able design can help me and family
to know more information. That is my idea, if someone has opinion please tell me.

vincent_yeh

Joined Jun 11, 2018
no, it is automatic move-able through app control, and this machine can go surround house, like a robot car.
I think if robot car(very small, looks like a toy) can transmit video and environmental data to my app, this
toy robot car can patrol in my house or garage, and can be a warning machine also.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Yeah, there are some robotic types already, so I think maybe I can do this: I can add on temperature sensor, humidity sensor on
system, or CO2,toxic air sensor, I think if I add on these kinds of environmental sensors, this design will be unique, because I think
video remote access and move-able, and environmental sensors all in one system, this move-able design can help me and family
to know more information. That is my idea, if someone has opinion please tell me.
Does air quality matter much if you aren't there to breath it? some sure..
Does it really need to be a movable air quality sensor?
Why not develop a low cost stationary sensor where you could buy a couple for under $50 and locate them in key areas in the house where air quality would be a concern..? (garage, kitchen, workshop?)
Remotely placed temperature/humidity sensors are already part of most new "smart thermostats" to help balance room temperatures or control only needed/active areas in combination with room dampers...

I'm just not sure that incorporating an air quality sensor alone makes your idea "novel" enough to justify me buying it vs whats already out there...

Oh and... DON'T discuss your ideas on the internet as you have then lost all ability to patent said idea not that patents are really useful anymore...
My $0.02

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
no, it is automatic move-able through app control, and this machine can go surround house, like a robot car.
I think if robot car(very small, looks like a toy) can transmit video and environmental data to my app, this
toy robot car can patrol in my house or garage, and can be a warning machine also.
What I was suggesting is a robot that could be used to send sensors into a 'disaster' area to see if it's safe for first responders. Same as the canary in the coal mine. Fire departments already have similar things but I think they tend to be big and expensive. More, smaller and cheaper robots might be useful.

As @MacGyvR notes, if you have a concern about your home, you'd just mount permanent sensors.

It also just occurred to me that adding capabilities to a robotic vacuum cleaner could be interesting. They're already capable of moving around your home automatically. Dog owners would love it if their vacuums would sense and avoid that pile on the floor, because it's horrendous if they don't. :eek: