I am working on IRFZ44N MOSFET with arduino.

kesarraghav

Joined Jan 8, 2016
Sir,
I want to ! i am working on IRFZ44N MOSFET. please see the attached circuit diagram, when i am giving direct 5v signal to the gate of the mosfet then drain and source are not getting short. But..
when i am giving 5V to the source, then gate and drain are getting short.
anyway i amusing this mosfet as a switch but in wrong fashion, please some one corrects me if i am wrong.. do i need to add some resistors to the circuit.
:)

Mods edit:
Please don't hijack other member's thread, now you have your own.

n_ch__mosfet__irfz44n__an_arduino_pro_mini_by_adlerweb-d94wkuj.png

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
The LED needs a resistor to limit its current and you need to use a logic level mosfet not a standard one..
Something like an IRL540 mosfet

kesarraghav

Joined Jan 8, 2016
The attached figure is just for reference , instead of led , i am using a 12 V DC solenoid valve. But my question was :
when i am giving direct 5v signal to the gate of the mosfet then drain and source are not getting short

please someone put some light on this topic of IRFZ44N

But when i am giving 5V to the source, then gate and drain are getting short.

@ScottWang : yes i have tested the mosfet without arduino but on that note if i give 5V DC to the gate then drain and source get short but after 3-4 seconds and remain on for 3-4 seconds of disconnection.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The attached figure is just for reference , instead of led , i am using a 12 V DC solenoid valve. But my question was :
when i am giving direct 5v signal to the gate of the mosfet then drain and source are not getting short

please someone put some light on this topic of IRFZ44N

But when i am giving 5V to the source, then gate and drain are getting short.

@ScottWang : yes i have tested the mosfet without arduino but on that note if i give 5V DC to the gate then drain and source get short but after 3-4 seconds and remain on for 3-4 seconds of disconnection.
Could you drawing the different wiring as your described and labeling the voltage for them, the circuit as this:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
The attached figure is just for reference , instead of led , i am using a 12 V DC solenoid valve.
You should really upload your circuit, as you have laid out in front of you. Nobody could know this, unless you provide the info. Please describe your complete project. If you involve a solenoid, you might need a diode.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
If the low side of the 12V power supply can be common with the Arduino GND, then there is no reason for the relay. Using a suitable logic-level gate NFET, use the Arduino port to control the NFET gate, and use the NFET drain to switch the solenoid directly. Dont forget the snubber diode across the solenoid.

kesarraghav

Joined Jan 8, 2016
I like your comment , but can you draw a circuit which you have explained and you have mentioned snubber diode, YES! it is required as the switching of the solenoid is re-setting the arduino which is a problem.
i am planning to use snubber circuit near to solenoid so that it will not reset the arduino.
@MikeML can you share the circuit diagram