I am time traveling in a few minutes!

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

In about 10 minutes i will be time traveling into the future about 3 hours relative to Los Angeles.
It will be the year 2023 here but still 2022 there for another 3 hours.
So i'll be ahead of California by 3 hours.
If i date a check here it will be 2023 but that would be in the future for them.

Happy New Year :)

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
The first time I flew from Taiwan to the States, the plane arrived 1 hour before it took off. So, I called and made certain it arrived OK before I took a seat.

Talk to you next year. ;)

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
The first time I flew from Taiwan to the States, the plane arrived 1 hour before it took off. So, I called and made certain it arrived OK before I took a seat.

Talk to you next year. ;)
Oh yes ha ha you just reminded me that when i fly from New Jersey to Los Angeles it takes just 3 hours to fly 3000 miles (ha ha) when the flight itself is six hours.
When i come back though i loose time. So one way i age faster, the other way i age slower (ha ha).

It is strange the way we do things on this planet sometimes.
I also read they are thinking of eliminating the spring/fall time change, "Daylight Savings Time". Not sure if they will go with it or not yet.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hello there,

In about 10 minutes i will be time traveling into the future about 3 hours relative to Los Angeles.
It will be the year 2023 here but still 2022 there for another 3 hours.
So i'll be ahead of California by 3 hours.
If i date a check here it will be 2023 but that would be in the future for them.

Happy New Year :)
In freighters, no matter in what direction they cross time zones whether setting back their clocks or advancing them, it is done during (the 3) night watches, 20 minutes ea. The guy in the bridge reminds the engineer in the Engine Room to remain in synch.
Whoever miss the change gets nasty surprises.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
In freighters, no matter in what direction they cross time zones whether setting back their clocks or advancing them, it is done during (the 3) night watches, 20 minutes ea. The guy in the bridge reminds the engineer in the Engine Room to remain in synch.
Whoever miss the change gets nasty surprises.
Oh right, that could be a problem.

I was also thinking if you can travel across the US from East to West at the right speed, you could celebrate New Years three times, all an hour apart from each other.
Unfortunately i think it would take a speed too fast right now, something like 1000 miles per hour starting in Manhattan and ending up somewhere in California.
You could pretend each time it was your first new year celebration, so you could get drunk four times :)
If you were born on January 1st, you could have four birthdays (ha ha), and each time you would not age anymore, until you came back :)
This brings up a number of funny questions. If you just turn 18 in New York so you can drink liquor legally, then quickly travel west, you may get busted for drinking under age (assuming the laws are the same in both places). This could actually happen if the laws are the same and if you were near the time zone border.
This opens up a can of squiggly time traveling worms.

Last edited: