I am searching for an Alpha slide-dimmer potentiometer !

Frank Dude

Joined Jun 1, 2015
Hi everyone, i'm working on a synth-keyboard M-Audio Prokeys88SX, The volume pot is broke. The company is not having the part anymore. So Here i am, with the need for a slide potentiometer made by Alpha Part number B20KX2. The total lenght of it is 45 mm. The travel of knob lenght is 37 mm. There is 6 pins 3 on left 3 on right not shown on the picture(Through Hole Pins) The height of it is appx 6mm. The widht of it is 5 mm. Pictures are include here: thanks for helping me.

Attachments

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Frank Dude,

Welcome.

Have you moved the slide and checked if pot still works?

If you can not find a replacement, maybe it can be repaired.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Mouser stocks Alpha in depth. Also Bourns Pro-Audio stuff. Download the passives section of their catalog here (36MB) and look on pp. 944 or search on the first link for travel, taper and value. Yours is probably a B audio taper. You can measure it to be sure by removing the metal case exposing the carbon element. Measure the resistance from end to end to get the pot's value then from one end to the middle (touch the probe to the carbon). If it reads about 90% OR 10% of the total, its a B taper. If it reads about 50%, its linear.

Good luck.

EDIT: It also might be an OEM from these cats - Alpha US, different from Taiwan Alpha at Mouser.

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
It looks like you have not bent the tabs back to open the pot. Why don't you do that? The pot is not usable as is, so why not open it and see if it is repairable?