Hurricane Irma

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Is there enough time to squeeze a third one in for the NE area? :eek:

Maybe rough up New York and the surrounding area next?

How about a 100 inch blizzard or two for us in the midwest sometime between December and April? :confused:

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Is there enough time to squeeze a third one in for the NE area? :eek:

Maybe rough up New York and the surrounding area next?

How about a 100 inch blizzard or two for us in the midwest sometime between December and April? :confused:
Hurricane Sandy flooded part of the New York subway system and did 100s of millions in damage to the train control and electrical installations.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Hurricane Sandy flooded part of the New York subway system and did 100s of millions in damage to the train control and electrical installations.
But that was ~ 5 years ago and did ~$30 - $35 Billion damage. I'm talking about getting a third one, class 4+ at that, in this year! :eek:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Going to be interesting to see where and if the full brunt of this storm hits the US Mainland and exactly where. Can't believe the film footage and data being collected by hurricane hunter aircraft. Gee, let me take this aircraft and fly through the wall of a hurricane with 180 MPH sustained winds. Those guys have guts and faith in the P3 Orion aircraft. The P3 was around during the mid 60s and is still used today with upgrades. I guess as the weekend approaches it is a matter of wait and see what Irma does.

Ron

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
So, wouldn't you know it. Dragged out the portable generator to ensure good function (checked before the season) and the fuel line is busted.

Local hardware doesn't stock same diameter hose.

Bought some smaller diameter Tygon. Hope I can squeeze it on.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
So, wouldn't you know it. Dragged out the portable generator to ensure good function (checked before the season) and the fuel line is busted.

Local hardware doesn't stock same diameter hose.

Bought some smaller diameter Tygon. Hope I can squeeze it on.
Nope. Impossible. Any ideas? Toothpicks, bubblegum?

I've got a Swiss army knife if it'll help...

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Toilet bowl level valve........some have small tubing.

Refrigerator drain or ice maker line.

Vacuum or vent tubing on car.

Gasoline yard equipment.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Ok...found hose that fits at pep boys. No gas leaking, but no start.

I'm not a motor guy...does it take time for gas to get into carb? I don't remember this being the case.

The old hose was pretty dry and cracked. I wonder if there are other parts that have degraded...

Ideas welcome, but I don't have a lot of time to spend on this.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
If it's been a long time since you ran it then the carburetor is probably gummed up. Drain all the old gas out.
Take the bottom of the carb bowl off and there's anything in there that looks like lacquer then you will need to take the carb off and thoroughly clean it with carb cleaner. I recommend you buy at least 2 cans of Berryman's B12 cleaner; do not get it on your skin and for Christ sake do not get it in your eyes. Wear safety glasses with side shields. You need to squirt and thoroughly flush all little holes and ports on the carb, and get the wire out of a bread bag twisty tie to poke around inside the holes. take the float off and make sure you flush out that hole.

For future reference you make tygon tube stretch if you heat it with a heat gun.