html beginner need help

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I am interested to create my web page. There are lot of information available on Internet. Within few hours of searching I created web page using notepad that have only two functions. I could be add more things but I thought first I have to make only few things just simple page.

If user have Id and password than log in to website
if user don’t have ID and password than register.
html code Page 1
HTML:
<html>
    <head>
        <title>welcome</title>
    </head>

<body>
                 <center>
                 <p>Username: <input type="text" name="txtuser"><br/></p>
                 <p>Password: <input type="password" name="txtpwd"><br/></p>
                 <p><input type="submit" name="btnsumit" value="login"> </p>
                 <p><input type="submit" name="btnsumit" value="Register"> </p>
             </body
</html>
html code Page 2
HTML:
<html>
    <head>
        <title>Register</title>
    </head>
            <body>
             <h1>Registration</h1>
                 <table>
                       <tr><td>First name</td><td> <input type="text"></td>
                       <tr><td>Last name</td><td> <input type="text"></td>
                       <tr><td>E-mail</td><td> <input type="text"></td>
                       <tr><td>Password</td><td> <input type="text"></td>
                       <tr><td>Re-Enter Password</td><td> <input type="text"></td>
                       </tr>
                   </table>

<p><input type="submit" name="btnsumit" value="Sign up"> </p>
            </body>
</html>
I have two different pages. I was viewing on Internet explore. If I press on register button than second page should be open so I want to link both pages. does it make any sense, How to link both pages?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Are you wanting to compare the user credentials against a database of registered users? That requires more than just simple HTML. I did my scripting in php but whatever you use needs to be compatible with your hosting server.

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Are you wanting to compare the user credentials against a database of registered users? That requires more than just simple HTML. I did my scripting in php but whatever you use needs to be compatible with your hosting server.
allaboutcircuit.com is website we are using
let's suppose I want to create learning forum like Allaboutcircuit.com forum, where user can access content of website if they are registered user. if they are not registered user. they have to create account first, after completing registration they can access content of website.. I think you are saying " my code would be not work for this purpose" I have to write php script. I don't have any idea. If you don't mind I would like to see your script. please tell me what I have to do in proper way to achieve my requirement?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I suggest you learn how to do a simple login first, using HTML. Just Google for "login form" or "HTML authentication" and you'll find all sorts of examples.

I can't easily show you all my php code because it has security methods in it, and I don't want to publicly disclose those. But if you decide to finally go with php, I'll sanitize my code and share it with you.

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I suggest you learn how to do a simple login first, using HTML. Just Google for "login form" or "HTML authentication" and you'll find all sorts of examples.

I can't easily show you all my php code because it has security methods in it, and I don't want to publicly disclose those. But if you decide to finally go with php, I'll sanitize my code and share it with you.
If you have seen my first post there is code I wrote for login and registration form. I have gone through this site https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_login_form.asp I am looking some simple things so that I can understand basic. how to increase complexity. I mean what will the simple example than how to add further function one by one

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
If you have seen my first post there is code I wrote for login and registration form. I have gone through this site https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_login_form.asp I am looking some simple things so that I can understand basic. how to increase complexity. I mean what will the simple example than how to add further function one by one

That is just the HTML for a login form. The way you actually login to a site is going to depend on your site. Your site needs to have the capability for authentication.

Parth786

Joined Jun 19, 2017
That is just the HTML for a login form. The way you actually login to a site is going to depend on your site. Your site needs to have the capability for authentication.
I google and find out this link http://codingcyber.com/simple-login-script-php-and-mysql-64/
in my research , I found that I have to use these software and language to complete all work
  1. database mysql
  2. html
  3. php
  4. Notepad
  5. wamp server
Do I need to add anything else ? do you find that code can be use for login authentication purpose?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I google and find out this link http://codingcyber.com/simple-login-script-php-and-mysql-64/
in my research , I found that I have to use these software and language to complete all work
  1. database mysql
  2. html
  3. php
  4. Notepad
  5. wamp server
Do I need to add anything else ? do you find that code can be use for login authentication purpose?
This is not a trivial task. This is not something that someone is going to b able to teach you over a forum. My suggestion is to take a course at your local university or find an online course.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
  1. database mysql
  2. html
  3. php
  4. Notepad
  5. wamp server
I used the first 3 and don't know about the last two. I guess Notepad is a text editor, and of course you will need something to edit text. Any word processor will do. You only need to learn about web server software if you plan to host your own site. My site is hosted at GoDaddy, and their server offers support for mysql and php. These (or something like them) are both required for a server-side authentication solution. That's what you want if you're serious about it. You CAN do just client side html authentication but it's far more limited.

I self-taught myself what I needed to get the job done. If you get going in php, I can share some snippets with you.