How to use database for internet of things

daljeet795

Joined Jul 2, 2018
I have raspberry so I can send data from raspberry pi to database such as I can send the picture taken by raspberry pi to MySQL Database installed on my window PC. My confusion is that, In what case, we installed database on raspberry pi and In what case we installed database on windows for the purpose internet of things. Remember my question is regarding internet of things.

I spent an hour reading on internet but I didn't understand

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Maybe this helps:
It is often best to have the database software as close to the data itself to minimize search times. That way only the query and the reply (plus overhead) need to be transmitted.

In your case since your Windows machine probably has a hard drive, that would be the best candidate for a place to store the data.

daljeet795

Joined Jul 2, 2018
Can you re-phrase the question?I don't understand.
I have seen some of the internet of things projects. In which we install database on raspberry Pi or we don't install database on Pi. We use other machine like Windows/ Linux PC.

case 1 : Raspberry Pi is taking picture using camera and sending to MySQL Database installed on my window PC.

case 2 : Raspberry Pi is taking picture using camera and sending to Database installed on Raspberry PI.

If I am a project developer, I have to know which method is suitable. I know I can use both method so please don't suggest me both method.

I want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of them in project.

If you don't understand question. Please feel free to say

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Couple of things may influence one's decision. What will be done with the image data, what is the volume of data, is capture remote or does it require portability?