how to program PIC 16F877A

jptee

Joined Dec 2, 2007
Hi all,

I need help in programming PIc 16F877A from Microchip. i will connect Rf transceiver to PIC. How could I determine wether there are signal received by PIC?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Placing your own post under another is hijacking, and we discourage the practice.

If you are using a transceiver, it implies two-way communication. Is this the case?

We have no information on the device doing the receiving, so there is no way to answer your question sensibly. We need more information.

jptee

Joined Dec 2, 2007
Thanks for reply.

I using the walkie talkie transceiver board from Aztech. It is for two way communication.

My project title is Wireless Transmitter-Detector for Mobile Object Tracking. The transmitter with GPS receiver module is attached to mobile object while the detector is held by user.

For transmitter part, my PIC input will be RF transceiver and GPS receier module. The output is RF transceiver.

For detector part, the PIC input are RF transceiver and LCD display. The output is RF transceiver.

The GPS receiver module will consistenly send data into PIC and saved. When user request data, the RF transceiver will input signal to PIC. Then, PIC will output the data to RF transceiver at transmitter.

Hope can get help. Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
What does the data sheet for the tranceiver say about its signals? Does one change state on a received data frame? If so, use it to alert the PIC that there is a data input.

jptee

Joined Dec 2, 2007
I dun hv any data sheet for transceiver board. It is a walkie-talkie transceiver board. I purchased the full set walkie-talkie from Aztech.

jptee

Joined Dec 2, 2007
Can i test the signal transmitted and received by transceiver board through the following program at PIC?

unsigned temp_res;

void main(){
PORTA = 0b00000000;
PORTC = 0b00000000;
ADCON1 = 0b00000100;
TRISA = 0b00001111;
TRISC = 0b00000000;

do{
temp_res = Adc_Read(1);
PORTC = temp_res;
}while (1);
}

I will connect my output to computer. But i not sure used wat software to see the signal.

dishit_s

Joined Jan 8, 2008
Hi,jptee please let me know if u r facing problem in programming PIC or interfacing RF transceiver with PIC. As I have worked on PIC i will be able to help u if have any programming related problems.

jan_ram

Joined Jan 11, 2008
hi all,

I am using 16F877A PIC Microcontroller.. I have bought the microchip burning kit for programming it.. I dunno what software to use for burning my embedded C program.. Can anyone help me please..