How to make a wifi Router??

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Circuit design, construction, and layout for 2.4 GHz or higher bands, is not for the inexperienced hobbyist. Even if you could construct such a device, the test equipment to verify it's operation will cost as much as a small house.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Why? It will cost you about 20-50 times more than a store bought one, and judging from your question it will take you about ten years to gather enough experience to be able to do it.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Just head down to the electronics recycling center. The parts you are looking for will be labeled "wifi router". Grab several and test them until you find one that works. Done.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
I want to make a home based wifi router? Please help me with a circuit diagram
No point reinventing the wheel; simply borrow one and reverse engineer the hardware and software, it won't take you more than a couple of hours, after all, they're not very big are they. Order some parts and put them all together on a bit of stripboard, now sit back and enjoy you homemade wireless router. There's nothing more satisfying than building something yourself and at a fraction of the cost of buying one ready-built. I built my own 4k smart TV using this method, it works great and saved me a whole heap of cash. Let us know how you get on:)

Last edited:
Just get a new one for the looks and cost!! making one might violate one or more laws since all components wouldn't be matched or tuned and may cause interference!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I want to make a home based wifi router? Please help me with a circuit diagram
Want to and can do are worlds apart. :rolleyes:
That's not a project that any one person can do in any reasonable length of time, even if they have extensive experience in high frequency RF design and microprocessor programming.
I suggest you look for a more simple project to try.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Well, then, please post instructions how to build one using Windows.
I'd start with a Raspberry Pi...
  1. Get a Raspberry Pi and a wireless dongle
  2. Load Windows 10
  3. Open "Network Connections"
  4. Set the wireless adapter to share the Internet connection...
  5. Initialize the wireless network with netsh (SSID, password, etc..., "netsh wlan set yournetwork mode=allow ssid=”CoolName” key=”Y0ur_Pwd!!”"))
  6. Start the wireless network, again with netsh ("netsh wlan start yournetwork")
You're done! If you're curious, check out the link.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I'd start with a Raspberry Pi...
  1. Get a Raspberry Pi and a wireless dongle
  2. Load Windows 10
  3. Open "Network Connections"
  4. Set the wireless adapter to share the Internet connection...
  5. Initialize the wireless network with netsh (SSID, password, etc..., "netsh wlan set yournetwork mode=allow ssid=”CoolName” key=”Y0ur_Pwd!!”"))
  6. Start the wireless network, again with netsh ("netsh wlan start yournetwork")
You're done! If you're curious, check out the link.
Sorry. No code visibility, no security. Good way to get pwned.