How to make a Bluetooth wireless speaker

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
I made this USB powered speaker:

and have recently been thinking that it would be nice to make it work wirelessly with Bluetooth, but I'm not sure how to do this.

I've seen numerous Bluetooth adapters online, but they're made to be plugged into a computer USB port with an audio cable plugged into them, which isn't what I want. I'd like to make my speaker completely wireless, which means powering it with a rechargeable battery and having a Bluetooth receiver for audio input. What type of Bluetooth receiver chip would I need for this?

In addition, both the amplifier IC and the Bluetooth chip must be able to share the same power source without causing sound distortion. What would be the best way to wire them together?

Jure Petric

Joined Sep 9, 2015
Hey,
yes i gues it would work :D. I worked with BTM511 witch is almost the same think but a bit expensive (20€). But it has bluetooth as serial, own uC a lot of communication ability and most important microphone programable amplifier. If you'll buy these you might need usb to uart transformer to config modul.
Good luck!

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
I read that the XS3868 is a programmable chip. Does this mean that I would need to program it a certain way before I can use it, or does it come pre-programmed with the information needed for basic use?

Jure Petric

Joined Sep 9, 2015
I don't think so. Usualy programming for BT modules means that you configure modul because you can use it for diferent things... As bluetooth headset or for serial communication between PC and uC and so on... When i start with my module it default settings was as headset.
You change these throught USART interface with terminal. It is not hard.
I found one shematic that you'll may be interested in : http://www.electronicspoint.com/attachments/electronics-schematic-rev0-pdf.9706/