How to do it??

salty-dog

Joined Jun 29, 2013
Hello everyone.

I am new to them forums- found you while googling some info that apparently is over google's head.

What I am looking for is a micro printed circuit that would use 4-5 button batteries to power micro L.E.D. lights. The trick is I want it to be able to turn on only when wet and I need it to have flash, but in a cycle where its off for 3 seconds and powers the lights for 1/2 second.

Must be water activated and lack of water deactivated, no more than 1inch long and no wider than 1/2 inch. If I can find a source, it would be great as I need a lot of them and they must be inexpensive.

Any suggestions??

Thank you

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I found several small LED flashers that are the size you want, AND I found several very expensive water activated strobes that are slightly larger than you want.

I was able to locate these items in approx. 4 mins. with a quick google search.

I will not perform an all day lengthy, in-depth google search for you. The type of item you seek is plentiful and offered by multiple vendors. Please avail yourself of the benefits offered by the likes of Google and Bing. Search for these items yourself, and if you find something that is very close to your needs, I am sure someone here can help you figure out a way to modify it.

Or send me a full days wages, and I will perform the search for you. ;)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You've given pretty meaningless specs.

Has to be water activited. Okay -- Salt water? Distilled water? Very different requirement.

Has to be no more than 1" long and 1/2" wide. Okay -- Guess the third dimension is unrestrained, so how about something that is 6" deep?

Has to power micro-LEDs. Okay -- one? ten? Has to be visible from three feet? Three hundred feet? Very different requirements.

You need a lot of them. Okay -- Is a hundred a lot? A thousand? Ten million? Very different requirement.

They have to be inexpensive. Okay -- Is five dollars inexpensive enough? Is five cents too expensive? Very different requirement.