How to delay alarm triggered by Hall magnetic sensor

ajghor

Joined Jan 7, 2021
Hi guys,

As we are always struggling with our refrigerator door left open I was searching the net for a solution and found a modification of a door/window alarm on Maker Corner which uses the reed switch. It was a really simple modification with a capacitor and two resistors to delay the alarm and turn the volume down. So, I bought the alarm only to found out it's a new version with a hal magnetic sensor.
It is a 6207 hal sensor connected to the yl3710 IC

My question is: is there a simple way to delay the alarm as with the reed switch?
I have attached a pic of the alarm.

Thx.

Attachments

ajghor

Joined Jan 7, 2021
Same idea, find the trigger pin and put a capacitor on it to delay it.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your fast answer.
I did try it but without success :-(
Obviously I did something wrong.
The trigger pin should be the middle one on the 6207. So I should connect the capacitor + on the trigger line and - to the ground.
Am I correct?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your fast answer.
I did try it but without success :-(
Obviously I did something wrong.
The trigger pin should be the middle one on the 6207. So I should connect the capacitor + on the trigger line and - to the ground.
Am I correct?
Which middle , there are 8pins!!

I've tried to search on Google, but it comes up with various circuit diagrams without pin mums.

ajghor

Joined Jan 7, 2021
Can't believe this. Not a single diode in my case of electronic goodies!
And currently I am cut out of the rest of the world because of the snow. Aaaaaargh!
I know there is a lot of difference between a diode and a led, but could it be used in this case?

ajghor

Joined Jan 7, 2021
Well, I have finally managed to solder everything, but it just kinda works.
I've got a delay of about 5 secs, but the problem is that when I bring the magnet back the alarm doesn't stop, it just keep playing, so I have to switch it off by myself.
I did manage to pull the trace of the board in my clumsy soldering, but it seems to still have a good contact with the hall.
I do have another door/window alarm, but would like to keep it for the final version.
Could the diode version help?