How to communicate with Bluno Bee (TEL007773)?

Answerz

Joined Jun 15, 2021
Hi,

I am trying to use Bluno Bee (TEL007773) to send a Bluetooth signal from a temperature sensor (Analog or digital).
Can I use it to read the signal of the sensor to transmit it or do I need an Arduino to connect to process the data? How can I connect them? Are there any guides or previous projects which are similar?

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Bluno Bee is a serial bluetooth 4.0 module, it adopts XBEE form factor and is able to turn standard Arduino to bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) ready

So this is a device to connect an Arduino to another system over a Bluetooth link. To complicate further it takes the form of an XBee radio module requiring another board between it and the Arduino. You couldn't make it much harder if you tried.

What you need is a microcontroller with Bluetooth already onboard. But is this going to be battery-powered? If so there's a whole lot of thinking to do before you can pick a solution.

What is your requirement, why do you need remote temperature sensing? It's probable there's something off-the-shelf that will do what you want quicker and easier than rolling your own.

Of course, if you want to DIY it that's good too. We can help, but we need more info.

Answerz

Joined Jun 15, 2021
I have a bio-battery (Very weak) (3V, 5mA) that I would like to use and try to make it power a sensing system. I want to use it to send a signal wirelessly (like a sensor signal). Any sensor is fine. it is just a demonstration.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Well you can forget any conventional solution, you simply don't have enough power. I can't even think of a way to even take a temperature reading let alone transmit it... This will need some serious research.

Answerz

Joined Jun 15, 2021
Well you can forget any conventional solution, you simply don't have enough power. I can't even think of a way to even take a temperature reading let alone transmit it... This will need some serious research.
I was thinking of using an energy harvesting board. I can collect enough power to run the system for 1s. I can probably get to (3V - 20mA) Do you know any low-power Bluetooth + micro-controller chips?

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Forget Bluetooth, you don't have the power budget. You need to be looking at low speed i.e a few bits/sec transmission with a microWatt transmitter. You need a thermocouple for a temperature sensor not a thermistor which requires a bias current

Answerz

Joined Jun 15, 2021
Forget Bluetooth, you don't have the power budget. You need to be looking at low speed i.e a few bits/sec transmission with a microWatt transmitter. You need a thermocouple for a temperature sensor, not a thermistor which requires a bias current
I checked AM antenna chips there required even more than Bluetooth. I wonder if there is another technology for short-distance transmitting.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
No, you misunderstood. Transmission power is related to data rate. One way to reduce power needs is to slow the data rate to <1000bits/sec. So a microWatt power transmitter keyed very slowly into a high-gain antenna and a very sophisticated, very, sensitive receiver, again with high gain antenna.

What you're asking to do is cutting edge. It can be done, but you can't change the laws of physics; you're not going to do this with something bought off the shelf from eBay!

You need to do some research. Go to google scholar of one of the other research paper databases and search.choose your search terms carefully and you'll find lots of examples of how others have done this, including some that can be relatively easily built at home. You have to do some work here and have a good understanding of electronics to adapt to your needs. .

Last edited: