How to coat a copper wire with another material

Answerzzz

Joined May 11, 2022
Hi,

I am looking for glue that can be used under a bio-solution. The solution is a bacteria culture solution (LB, SB). I have a chamber filled with culture solution and I would like to extend an electrical wire through it. I would like to put glue around the electrical wire to make sure it does react with the solution (Copper wire).
(metal wires react with water "e.g. corrosion")

My Idea:
Use a carbon spray to coat the wires. I will just spray the wires with carbon. Carbon won't react with the solution. Is this a good idea? Do you know of a better solution?

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Hi,

I am looking for glue that can be used under a bio-solution. The solution is a bacteria culture solution (LB, SB). I have a chamber filled with culture solution and I would like to extend an electrical wire through it. I would like to put glue around the electrical wire to make sure it does react with the solution (Copper wire).
(metal wires react with water "e.g. corrosion")

My Idea:
Use a carbon spray to coat the wires. I will just spray the wires with carbon. Carbon won't react with the solution. Is this a good idea? Do you know of a better solution?
Use the carbon rod from a Zinc-Chrloride battery?