How should I deal with Contact Wire-Board.?

Sourc3

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Hi, first at all, sorry for my english, my preparation is a bit poor. Im technician at a phisic electronic lab, Im not engiener but Im trying my best and they are happy with me. My question is, how should I deal with Vcc =3.5V / Vee = Gnd / GND / GND / HV. I will post 2 photos. I understand +-10 & GND, this is easy, but what about the other picture?
5p.JPG3p.JPG
I have other questions.. I know that I should post in other thread, but this is my job and I cant lost time.. maybe someone can answer all.

My second question is, are there some form to maintenance constant voltage in a power supply? How can I secure that the PS dont go to change to constant current and break my circuit?

And my final question, I dont have a grounding, If I connect all the devices with the same ground cable, can I equalize the ground and delete a bit of noise?

Thanks to all, I wait You can help me. And sorry for the english and your time.
Best regards.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
We need more information. How you deal with the terminals depends on what the boards are and whether the connector terminals are inputs or outputs.
Regarding power supplies, some are constant current and some are constant voltage. Read the datasheets of any you plan to use.

Sourc3

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Welcome to AAC!
We need more information. How you deal with the terminals depends on what the boards are and whether the connector terminals are inputs or outputs.
Regarding power supplies, some are constant current and some are constant voltage. Read the datasheets of any you plan to use.
Thanks a lot for the welcome. I will post others pictures.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 12.15.09 PM.jpegboard.JPG
Its a amplification board, the sensor is a SiPM (photomultiplier) and then is amplified at the output for a correct measure.

For the other question, the power supply can change form CC to CV. If I configure like +10V/3mA and -10V/3mA, and ON it, the voltage change. Then if I configure with 0.3A for example in one of them, the PS maintenance de +-10V and the consume is correct at 4mA/5mA/3mA etc.

Thanks in advance.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I have no idea what you mean by "Deal With" the terminals. If you are trying to test the boards for correct function that is one thing, if you are hoping to assemble a system for use that is a much different thing. If the power supply board is intended to power that other board then there needs to be additional information available for us to offer anything other than random guesses. So we need a whole lot more information.
And if the power supply board is able to change from a regulated constant voltage to some regulated constant current then it is probably not the correct one to power the other two circuit board assemblies.
So we need a whole lot more information to provide useful correct answers.

Sourc3

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Hi Bill, You have reason, but the PDF I have received is so poor. I was speaking with other mates and We think that de 3 GND are conected to the same GND and HV ("High Voltage") should be to feed the diode in inverse (-40-50V). Now we dont know if HV is a GND too or the power. But You have reason, maybe I should delete the post with this poor info. We only need the correct conection and feed for the amplification board.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Still I get no word as to what the requirement is. What diode? and certainly HV is not the same as GND.

I see in post #1 two of the green connectors, but no mention of what they are part of. Then I see in post #3 two circuit boards connected with a cable and also two green connectors that may, or not, be those shown in post #1. But neither of the two circuit boards shown is a power supply board. AND so far there is no information provided about the power required for the two circuit boards. Also, the comments about the power supply, in post #1, do not relate to anything in the pictures. Is the power supply intended to work with these items? OR is it some power supply that is on hand, left from some previous project?

It is clear that both of the circuit boards are fairly complex, and that both of them must have arrived with some information, UNLESS THEY CAME FROM AMAZON!

So far you have not even asked the right questions.
What is needed is first to read and understand the application information that is for each of those circuit boards, and then either provide some of it here so that we can understand,

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Firstly, let us talk about your power supply. What is the model number and maximum voltage and current output?
If your power supply has CV and CC settings, you cannot set both CV and CC at the same time.
Set CV to 3.5V and set CC to half way.

If you do not understand, send me PM and I will try to communicate in your native language.

Sourc3

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Firstly, let us talk about your power supply. What is the model number and maximum voltage and current output?
If your power supply has CV and CC settings, you cannot set both CV and CC at the same time.

If you do not understand, send me PM and I will try to communicate in your native language.
Hi Mr.Chips I will contact you.

Sourc3

Joined Dec 2, 2021

Hi Mr.Chips I dont know how to contact you. My problem isn't the board with 3 pins, my problem is the big board with 5 pins. I have 2 power supply with 2 output + GND and 2 small with only 1 output. I will post what a mate has writed:

"The rest yes, Vcc, Vee and the first ground are from the power supply of the amplifiers. You can join Vee and the first GND"
ME: and HV isnt high voltage?
"Yes, sometimes they call that the power of SiPMs"

I dont know nothing about the board because isn't a comercial one, Its make by them, and the only info is the 2 photos I have uploaded.
That is my conclusion with all the info: First pin = 3.5V, 2-3pin GND for first pin, fourth pin = GND for fifth pin and fifth pin -70/-50V (Negative power for the diode SiPM).

What do you think?
Best regards.