How dose this communicate???

STREETRIDER1105

Joined Nov 21, 2019
Is their anyone one that can help me understand the communication circuit between the upper control panel and the lower motor control board pictured here I have been trying to find the complete schematic for the ( PCB )motor control and have only been able to find bits and pieces of the circuits and haven't been able to learn how the to communicate with each other and the circuits they go through. The Five pin CN5 comes from the control panel and the 3 pin CN8 I believe is for the potentiometer on the incline motor. Any information or help will be extremely grateful. Have a big project in mind using this system.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Do you really think the information you want is contained in the pictures? Hint: not even a close call. Try harder to find useful and pertinent information.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The 5 pin connector could be SPI (4-pin). The 5th pin could be for orientation, e.g., pppxp. The the Safe 12 V could be a message -- like a wet paint sign..

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Appears to be a treadmill controller board.
They have different methods of communicating with the console, some quite simple from variable voltage to PWM signal, but if it is a T.M. board, there is usually a few functions such as track motor and elevate motor etc.
Not a T.M. board I recognize however.
Max.

STREETRIDER1105

Joined Nov 21, 2019
It is a tm board china made i belive. Ul not listed and searching for the last identifier that i can find is the image directly to the right of C31 and has TI under it. Looking like im going to have to draw up the circuits i already have identified then start filling in the gaps from what i can see from the board

STREETRIDER1105

Joined Nov 21, 2019
Atm I'm trying to set the whole system to function as a treadmill. I think I got the whole system figured out and traced it back to the bad mosfet and the magnetic safety switch in the upper board not opening and closing all the way