How do you get a 5V output from a phone?

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
2,395
Well there is a little more to this pin 8 is the pin that turns power on from what I have read
i had to cut open one of the fans there is a 6 pin chip and a resistor and cap from what i see as of now
20180831_090843.jpg
 

Thread Starter

-live wire-

Joined Dec 22, 2017
959
The front better that chip and the looks like 2 caps turn the iphone power on
View attachment 159048
Do you know if the fan is designed by apple, or a third party? And is there any possible way to identify the chip or surrounding components? I might get one myself and try loading it, seeing how much it could take. And given that a fan might short out, there must be overcurrent protection.
 

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
2,395
It's just a cheap fan from the gas station $6 bucks it. Be easy to just use it by removing the motor.
I'm sure it can output maybe 100 ma
 

Thread Starter

-live wire-

Joined Dec 22, 2017
959
It's just a cheap fan from the gas station $6 bucks it. Be easy to just use it by removing the motor.
I'm sure it can output maybe 100 ma
But what about more high powered things? If I had one and knew for sure the phone had overcurrent protection, I'd definitely try and push it to the max. But actually, as a USB host, doesn't it have to supply a certain current?
 
Top