How cheapest a DDR5 and an HDMI 2.1 PC can be built right now?

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
That's kind of like asking "how do I build the cheapest house, optional features sink and toilet". The options are practically limitless. Can you add more details about what you really need? If cheap is the goal, why DDR5? If you're on a budget, you might get a faster machine for the same price buying higher end previous-generation parts.

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
That's kind of like asking "how do I build the cheapest house, optional features sink and toilet". The options are practically limitless. Can you add more details about what you really need? If cheap is the goal, why DDR5? If you're on a budget, you might get a faster machine for the same price buying higher end previous-generation parts.
Budget is INR 25000 Max
DDR5 and HDMI 2.1 is for 4K because I have a 4K TV and planning to use the same as my monitor. Thanks for the reply. Seeking more answers. Thank You.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Budget is INR 25000 Max
DDR5 and HDMI 2.1 is for 4K because I have a 4K TV and planning to use the same as my monitor. Thanks for the reply. Seeking more answers. Thank You.
4K has nothing to do with the kind of RAM on the machine. The graphics adapter you choose will have more of an effect than the generation of RAM on the main board. But your budget is the equivalent of $300 USD, so that's not much. Is your goal to watch 4K TV (Netflix, YouTube, etc..), or play 4K videos from local files, or just work in 4K like spreadsheets and that type of thing? These are very different use cases with different requirements.

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
4K has nothing to do with the kind of RAM on the machine. The graphics adapter you choose will have more of an effect than the generation of RAM on the main board. But your budget is the equivalent of $300 USD, so that's not much. Is your goal to watch 4K TV (Netflix, YouTube, etc..), or play 4K videos from local files, or just work in 4K like spreadsheets and that type of thing? These are very different use cases with different requirements.
Just want to use the 4K TV lying in my Home, as a monitor for this build. I bought that TV 4 years earlier... Current build is having only HDMI 1.4 something which can't convey 4K output to the TV. I am planning use the onboard graphics itself.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Have you looked into something like the Amazon FireStick? It's a lot cheaper and plays 4k and has all sorts of apps for various channels and services, can control your TV, etc.. It's purpose built for watching TV, under $100.

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
Have you looked into something like the Amazon FireStick? It's a lot cheaper and plays 4k and has all sorts of apps for various channels and services, can control your TV, etc.. It's purpose built for watching TV, under $100.
My purpose is a complete POS (Point of Sales) System from sales to Report...

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Budget is INR 25000 Max
That would be about $29.90 USD which is not much to work with. Even an inexpensive Android Tablet is about twice that much in cost. I am seeing stuff like this on Amazon: Libre Computer La Frite Single Board ARM SBC AML-S805X-AC 1GB Mini PC.

<EDIT> Correction, that would be $299.90 USD. </EDIT>

Ron

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I think you missed a decimal point.
Google says INR 25000 is worth $299.00 USD
That I did I based it on 2500 and not 25000. Darn zeros. :) Thank you for pointing that out. Wow, much bigger budget now.

Thought I posted this yesterday. I am on a roll.

Thanks
Ron