Hitachi V-222 Oscilloscope

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi
Have just got hold of a Hitachi V-222 Oscilloscope, in very good condition, have never used one before so am trying to understand this one, my first question is, why are the Red lights showing (Uncal) for both channels, it just says in the service manual, " When light on VAR is out of CAL detent possition".
Anyone now what that means ?.

cheers
Spike

Attachments

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The gain controls have a "detent" position that is calibrated. When in the VAR position then the gain pots are variable then the red light warns you that the gain is uncalibrated.

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
The gain controls have a "detent" position that is calibrated. When in the VAR position then the gain pots are variable then the red light warns you that the gain is uncalibrated.
Hi
Thanks for that, forgot to post a pic of the front of the scope, have just uploaded.

cheers Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi
Thanks for that, forgot to post a pic of the front of the scope, have just uploaded.

cheers Spike
Not sure I understand that, I don’t think there is any “detents” on the control knobs !

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
In the center each vertical input range switch there is a red knob which linearly attenuates the vertical gain. When these knobs are in the fully clockwise positions, the vertical scale is calibrated as indicated by the range switches.
This is an excellent scope for a hobbyist. I am sure you will find it very useful.

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Not sure I understand that, I don’t think there is any “detents” on the control knobs !
Whoops yes there is !.
In the center each vertical input range switch there is a red knob which linearly attenuates the vertical gain. When these knobs are in the fully clockwise positions, the vertical scale is calibrated as indicated by the range switches.
This is an excellent scope for a hobbyist. I am sure you will find it very useful.
Thank you.
Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
But how do I get rid of the "uncal" red lights ?.

Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
If you turn the red amplitude vernier knob fully clockwise, there is a switch at the end of the track. You should feel a click and the uncal light will go out.
Hi
Thanks for that, obviously I need to study this Scope more, but I will get there !.
Cheers
Spike