History of Sacrifice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This is a global social and economic crisis. Everyone will be adversely impacted.

The airline industry is screaming for bailouts, along with the cruise, tourist, hotel, restaurant industries and so many others.

What about the average worker, the part time worker, the self employed, mom & pop stores, small businesses.
Who should be bailed out?

Too big to fail or too small to survive.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Everyone is aware of the potential hardships. No one wants to see those who either didn't plan ahead or didn't have the ability to do so suffer. How to fix that is highly political. Why start this thread in that direction?

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I get awfully tired of stories that justify the demeaning of others. It’s prolific. Yes, mankind has been tested and has survived, and I suspect greater turmoil lies ahead. But those generations that experience peacefull times, do what mankind does. Mankind is made up of all peoples, from the weakest to the strongest. It would seem that judging others is an inherent trait. My only response is that as individuals, we set an example for the inspiration of others

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A wise friend who went to his reward some years ago opined about the number of governments in Italy since the end of WWII: "All people get the government they deserve". I believe that when the history of this era is written we will see if that holds true.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Don't believe that previous generations were so righteous. We inherited this mess from them.

Looking forward there is hope for a better world, one where there is greater human connection, less competition and more compassion for others.

We need to move away from the Me generation to We are all in this together.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I know of no one personally who fought in any war whatsoever.
My reference to the Me generation was in reference to people who think of themselves first.

Where I live we are currently witnessing incredible social transformation.
Public transit is free.
Landlords are reducing rent and postponing rent collection.
Distillers have shifted to manufacturing hand sanitizers and distributing them for free.
People are looking out for their neighbours.

This is the kind of world I wish to live in in the future.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Huh? How’d the last post get through?

I wish I remember how this thread started. I read it but don’t recall it.
Just noticed Bahn's post... maybe he forgot to effectively click on the "Close Thread" button?
Anyway, at least my post wasn't political.

Status
Not open for further replies.