High Frequency Inverter

Furqan Haider

Joined Jan 15, 2016
Can anyone plzz help me that how can i stimulate a high frequency inverter in which i gave 220V/50Hz A.C. and it gives an output of 20MHz. plz suggest me some idea?

Last edited:

Dyslexicbloke

Joined Sep 4, 2010
It depends wht your spec is but its not simple and could easily kill you...
Your question suggests you are new to this which in turn suggests you probably dont want to be messing with any sort of high energy circuit.

You will find plenty of dangerous and possibly a few good circuits online but I will say once again if you dont know what to lok for or how to decide on which circuit to pick you definatly shouldnt be messing with this stuff.

If you want to learn stay below 50V untill ypu apriciate the risks and complexities, at which point you will probably de ide to buy an inverter anyway.

Have fun and stay safe
Al

Furqan Haider

Joined Jan 15, 2016
It depends wht your spec is but its not simple and could easily kill you...
Your question suggests you are new to this which in turn suggests you probably dont want to be messing with any sort of high energy circuit.

You will find plenty of dangerous and possibly a few good circuits online but I will say once again if you dont know what to lok for or how to decide on which circuit to pick you definatly shouldnt be messing with this stuff.

If you want to learn stay below 50V untill ypu apriciate the risks and complexities, at which point you will probably de ide to buy an inverter anyway.

Have fun and stay safe
Al
Yes bro u r right but i already done with 20KHz inverter which i implement on software and i also want to implement this 20Mhz on software. Now plz give me some idea that how can i perform it?

Furqan Haider

Joined Jan 15, 2016
[QUOTE="tcmtech, post: 986886transmission ]What do you need 20 MHz for and at what power level?[/QUOTE]
I need it for wireless power transmission which has a range of 2meters. And I want to blow a 60watt bulb over this infrastructure.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Wireless power transmission is, due to its low effectiveness, not a handy solution.
Building a 20Mhz transmitter producing 60Watt could be extreme dangerous if you not aware of high freq transmission and all ins and outs.
20Mhs seems to be low but which part of that power ends up in harmonics ? What does that do to the environment body/radio/ plane/ traffic control units/ hospitals and others? Please do not move in this direction if there is not sufficient knowledge and experience available.
Picbuster

Dyslexicbloke

Joined Sep 4, 2010
Ok so your plan is to create a transmitter capable of putting out several hundred W at 20kHz and then recieve enough of it to burn out a 60W incandescent lamp....

You havent mentioned any form of directional antenna and given the power dencity required this would be both dangerious and illeagal just about anywhere...

The fact that you are asking in a public forum at all suggests you dont apriciate tne ramifications.

Look up tesla coils if you are determined to do something silly... There is a reason power is generally put in wires despite the fact that is theoretically possible to pull off wireless power transmission.

The only serious work on this stuff, other than simply trying to blow things up, that I am aware of is to get power from orbiting PV arrays to the ground using high energy microwave links.

Seriously dood be careful, you are litterally playing with fire and radiation which is dangeroous for a well informed engineer with propper resources.

I cant speek for anyone else but I doubt that anyone who could tell you how to do this properly will untill you know enough to work it out for yourself anyway.

It may help if you explain your reason for such a dangrous request but ont hold your breath.

Al

Furqan Haider

Joined Jan 15, 2016
Wireless power transmission is, due to its low effectiveness, not a handy solution.
Building a 20Mhz transmitter producing 60Watt could be extreme dangerous if you not aware of high freq transmission and all ins and outs.
20Mhs seems to be low but which part of that power ends up in harmonics ? What does that do to the environment body/radio/ plane/ traffic control units/ hospitals and others? Please do not move in this direction if there is not sufficient knowledge and experience available.
Picbuster
Basically with the increase in frequency there is also an impact on distance... I also make this thing on coils in which i have 25khz operating frequency and 5v output which has a very less distance I.e only in some cm. Now what if I make a same 20-25khz inverter and apply it on antenna I.e rectenna based transmission then do u think power will transmit in the range of even 1-2 meters? No matter what my output power is. Even 9w power can also be appreciated.

Furqan Haider

Joined Jan 15, 2016
Ok so your plan is to create a transmitter capable of putting out several hundred W at 20kHz and then recieve enough of it to burn out a 60W incandescent lamp....

You havent mentioned any form of directional antenna and given the power dencity required this would be both dangerious and illeagal just about anywhere...

The fact that you are asking in a public forum at all suggests you dont apriciate tne ramifications.

Look up tesla coils if you are determined to do something silly... There is a reason power is generally put in wires despite the fact that is theoretically possible to pull off wireless power transmission.

The only serious work on this stuff, other than simply trying to blow things up, that I am aware of is to get power from orbiting PV arrays to the ground using high energy microwave links.

Seriously dood be careful, you are litterally playing with fire and radiation which is dangeroous for a well informed engineer with propper resources.

I cant speek for anyone else but I doubt that anyone who could tell you how to do this properly will untill you know enough to work it out for yourself anyway.

It may help if you explain your reason for such a dangrous request but ont hold your breath.

Al
Yes u r right. Even mit students group who was the first inventor at Institute level kept there frequency at almost 9.9Mhz. Now my question is that what if I have a 20khz inverter and apply it on dish antenna or some other then do u think the power will transmit in 1-2 meters? No matter what the output power I got even 9watt or less could be appreciated....

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Anyone else thinking that nothing in this threads request remotely adds up? :confused:

How exactly does 20 KHZ on software then going to 20 MHZ on software translate into physical energy of any sort that blows up a 60 watt light bulb at 1 - 2 meters?

And what software is it? Iphone App? Excel Pro? MS paint? Lotus 123? o_O

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Yes bro u r right but i already done with 20KHz inverter which i implement on software and i also want to implement this 20Mhz on software. Now plz give me some idea that how can i perform it?
Are you planning some software simulation of this? Or are you planning to build the hardware?
If it's the first, there are members of this forum well versed with it. :)
If it's the latter, I don't think you'll get much contribution....:(

Furqan Haider

Joined Jan 15, 2016
Are you planning some software simulation of this? Or are you planning to build the hardware?
If it's the first, there are members of this forum well versed with it. :)
If it's the latter, I don't think you'll get much contribution....:(
yes i successfully draw 20khz circuit on proteus and matlab as well... and when your something work properly on simulation then u will be able to make it hardware based.... That's why i was.... Ok now kindly tell me that 20khz on antenna will be enough to transmit energy in some couple of meters?

Furqan Haider

Joined Jan 15, 2016
Anyone else thinking that nothing in this threads request remotely adds up? :confused:

How exactly does 20 KHZ on software then going to 20 MHZ on software translate into physical energy of any sort that blows up a 60 watt light bulb at 1 - 2 meters?

And what software is it? Iphone App? Excel Pro? MS paint? Lotus 123? o_O
yes i successfully draw 20khz circuit on proteus and matlab as well... and when your something work properly on simulation then u will be able to make it hardware based.... That's why i was.... Ok now kindly tell me that 20khz on antenna will be enough to transmit energy in some couple of meters?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
You don't use an "antenna" for short range wireless power.
If you have already simulated this, you know that one uses tuned resonant inductors.