Help with walkie-talkie communication

HackerGuy2000

Joined Dec 16, 2014
Hi. I need help and pointers with how to build a simple device, similar to a phone, with a simple touchscreen, and by tapping something on the touchscreen, you could activate a walkie-talkie with witch to communicate with whoever had the other walkie-talkie. Help?

PRFGADGET

Joined Aug 8, 2011
I have to agree with " MikeML" on this one !
Otherwise, if you both have "SMARTPHONES" try "Skype" or one of the several other "Walkie-Talkie" emulator APP's that are available.
OR , you both could get your "HAM" licenses and open up a whole new world of possibility's.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Have you ever worked with RF circuits? Crystal Oscillators, Superheterodyne receivers, Modulators, detectors, antennas, etc, etc. If not, you have a huge learning curve.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
My cordless phone just died due to a squirrel on the transformer in the alley, a new one was only 9.95 at wallyworld. can you beat that price for a phone with quite a few features?

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
This sounds like a school project/assignment. If it is, what are the rules; can you use an off the shelf transceiver and couple it with an Arduino microcontroller and touch screen shield?

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Did you work on something simpler before like IR receiver and transmitter? You do realise that you are making a huge leap forward and that its fairly complex project?

BeerBelly

Joined Dec 16, 2013
The harder part of the project would be a micro controller displaying the information and sensing the touch on the screen. Many of the PIC micros are capable of this.