Help with transfer function

gil15

Joined Jan 12, 2021
I have the following circuit and i want to calculate the transfer function.
i know that v+ is the voltage divider between R2 and the impedance of C2 but i dont know how to
express v- so i can use the equation provided for Vout.
thanks in advance

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi gil15,
Welcome to AAC.

As this is Homework please post your best attempt at answering the question, we can then help you.

E

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
I have the following circuit and i want to calculate the transfer function.
i know that v+ is the voltage divider between R2 and the impedance of C2 but i dont know how to
express v- so i can use the equation provided for Vout.
thanks in advance
Have you heard about the superposition theorem?

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
A transfer function is usually given as magnitude & phase as a function of frequency. The equation given for the op-amp shows simple gain (A) but no time delay (phase). So that makes it easy to find the transfer function.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
It looks like the way they want you to do this problem is to calculate the signal at the non inverting terminal (vp=V+) and then the signal at the inverting terminal (vn=V-) and then calculate:
Vout=A*(vp-vn)

This leads to an expression with Vout on both sides so then you solve for Vout explicitly.
That is a very typical way to solve these problems anyway.

To get the theoretical limit of what the circuit is capable of you take the limit as A goes to infinity, but for this problem it looks like they want you to use a finite value for the gain A which is stated as:
A=10000.