Help with TIA design: stability analysis

mva007

Joined Oct 26, 2021
edit:
I'm trying to study about a transimpedance amplifier (TIA). I'm using LTC6268-10 op-amp configured as TIA. I'm using it to get power readings from a 1310nm photodiode, which I'm reverse biasing it in TIA. Datasheet of op-amp I'm using: link.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have referred many application notes on stabilizing a TIA circuit. Like from TI here: link.

From what I understood is, we should select a feedback cap such that fp lies between fz and fi (refer the inserted image).
This is for unity gain stable op-amp.
tia_stability.PNG
My question is, does this same stability analysis hold true for de-compensated op-amps as well? How it is same or different? Could someone please help me with this?

I am trying to prove stability for my LTC6268-10 de-compensated op-amp that I'm using for my TIA design.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using the word "prove" because I'm using a feedback capacitor that should make my TIA unstable as per the design given in the op-amps datasheet, but for my experiment the TIA is working fine! So I have to know why it is working :)

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Does "TIA" = Trance Impedance Amplifier"????? Or something different??
Acronyms and abbreviations will keep most folks away from a thread.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If not a manual or applications data, at least provide a part number. I am thinking that it might be an LM3900 device, but I could be incorrect on that point. I recall reading about them several years ago and wondering why one would ever be used.
BUT, whatever part number it goes by we need to understand at least what it is that is being asked about.

mva007

Joined Oct 26, 2021
Sorry for the missed out information. I have added the part number of the op-amp and its datasheet.

I have not attached it initially thinking that my problem was more of a conceptual one which is applicable to all op-amp based trans-impedance amplifiers (TIA).