Help with MX flash chip!!!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I have a programmable flash chip made by MX
no. is 29F004TPC-12
Getting the spec for this wasn't easy and a couple of companies make the same type.
Since my programmer was able to program these, I thought I'll fiddle with it, me be being at learning programming stage and all..:p
Anyways, I was able to read the chip and could save the hex plus bin file, but since none of them make any sense in text format, I was wondering is there is any of seeing what the real code would look like.
I got this idea by seeing and trying a disassembler for PIC to MPASM.
I disassembled the hex file that L chung wrote to me for my project even though he gave me the ASM too. I tried to see that if it was possible and it worked. Both the files looks the same, but I can't do any thing with the hex that was in the MX chip.
The reason was there was no .inc file to begin with and I donno which type of software was used for this chip.

Does any of you have any insight on these chips and what kind of tool is use to write codes for it.
How can I get them and any tutorial on it would be of great help.

Thanks

Rifaa

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Here they are.
The HEX file cannot be attached and is too big when converted to txt for attachment. :confused::confused:

Mod's ..
is there any way we can attach HEX files?

Rifaa

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I cannot generate any asm since I donno which software to use and what .inc file to decode with.

Rifaa

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
What do you want to do. As I can see the read and write cycle is quite equal to a normal type RAM. But it also have some functions that are more advanced functions. Like sector erase

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Do I have to spell it out buddy?
I don't think u read all of my first post.

Does any of you have any insight on these chips and what kind of tool is use to write codes for it.
How can I get them and any tutorial on it would be of great help
Rifaa

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Oh now I understand. A PIC is a microcontroller, and it use flash memory to store the program code. And your cip is a flash memory only.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
GOD!!!:mad: I feel stupid.
It was just a ram chip and the data sheet says just that..
what the *^*%*$ is wrong with me......