Help with a speaker project.

midwinter7

Joined Sep 15, 2006
Im designing a travel speaker that basically is some heaphones stuck to a tin. I need some advice on how to increase the sound. Some kind of amp is needed, but im not some which type. if you could help id be very greatful

Thanks.

midwinter7

Joined Sep 15, 2006
i know its kind of feeble. but i need to make a speaker thats for my college project and it needs to be simple for two reasons;

- i have avery little budget
- i need to pass it so i can get the grades and go to uni.

will anyone be able to help?

Søren

Joined Sep 2, 2006
Hi,

i know its kind of feeble. but i need to make a speaker thats for my college project and it needs to be simple for two reasons;

- i have avery little budget
- i need to pass it so i can get the grades and go to uni.

will anyone be able to help?
Show us what you've done so far and somebody will probably pitch in.

midwinter7

Joined Sep 15, 2006
so far ive dismatled each head phone and attached it to a piece of metal. I need a way of increasing the sound out of each head phone. Some kind of small audio amp that i can attach to the headphones if thats possible

Søren

Joined Sep 2, 2006
Hi,

so far ive dismatled each head phone and attached it to a piece of metal.
Oh Gee, I thought you ment a tin for building the amplifier into... Well, if your teacher is a good sport with lots of compassion, I'm sure he'll give you an A (for the effort if nothing else)... That is if he doesn't hurt himself when ROTFLHAO ;)

All that assuming it's metal shop or whatever, but if it's an electronics course...

Sure you can't rip a small loudspeaker from somewhere, like a PC's internal speaker ? .. Hey, what about the PC you are using to write here ? (Nobody is going to notice that it's missing :)).

I need a way of increasing the sound out of each head phone. Some kind of small audio amp that i can attach to the headphones if thats possible
Amplifier w. LM386
Or try Google: Headphone Amplifier Schematics

It ain't gonna sound sweet though, something like Donald Duck on drugs, but thanks for providing us all with the laugh of the day :D

Gutted headphones mounted on bits of a tin... Tsk..Tsk... I fear that image is gonna stay with me for a long time.