HELP with a Cap... What μF should I use?

DavidRivera

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Hi everyone... Can you help me knowing what μF is this Capacitor?... It is from my cellphone LG Phoenix 4 charger. Please let me know recommendation so I can replace it with another one... Do I need the same aluminium style or I can use anotherone like the black in the picture?... Thanks

Attachments

DavidRivera

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Why do you need to replace it?
[/QUOTE]

When I connect the charger to my phone it shows the charging symbol but percentage never go up... When I try moving some components to know if someone where not doing good contact I notice that this sylver Cap with the EP215 C330 6.3V was not doing good contact I press a little bit and phone percentage start to raise... So I remove it from board and now I need a replacement... If this is 330μF this is the max cap I can use or I can go a little low or little high?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Sounds like it had a bad solder joint. Rather than replacing it - try soldering it back in the same orientation it came off. If pressing it makes it work then it's not a bad cap it's a bad solder joint.

DavidRivera

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Sounds like it had a bad solder joint. Rather than replacing it - try soldering it back in the same orientation it came off. If pressing it makes it work then it's not a bad cap it's a bad solder joint.
The solder join problem was in the inside of the cap not in the board... I throw it away.. Now I need a replacement. How low and high I can go from the 330?