Help Solving Equation

Tdupclay

Joined Aug 27, 2020
I am new to electrical engineering and I am having problem figuring out which equation is best to use.

The question is:

You are using a thermistor with a resistance of 5000 ohms at 25.0 degrees Celsius and with a beta of 3630. You measure a resistance of 1556 ohms. WHat is the temperature in degrees Celsius?

Please help me. I really want to be successful and pass this class. If possible, may someone provide detailed step by step on how to solve?

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I am new to electrical engineering and I am having problem figuring out which equation is best to use.

The question is:

You are using a thermistor with a resistance of 5000 ohms at 25.0 degrees Celsius and with a beta of 3630. You measure a resistance of 1556 ohms. WHat is the temperature in degrees Celsius?

Please help me. I really want to be successful and pass this class. If possible, may someone provide detailed step by step on how to solve?
Your problem is because you don't seem to understand the thermistor well enough. Use google, and look up how to calculate temperatures with thermistors- there are many articles that will walk you through the equations necessary.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Since you were given the beta i would believe you have to use the formula that is common when using thermistors. It's either a log or an exponential but its' not too difficult to solve.

Post your attempt to solve here and we can go from there.

soyez

Joined Aug 17, 2020

The question is:

give the equations you are using

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

The question is:

If your approach to passing the class is to have other people do your work for you, then you are unlikely to succeed -- unless you can get someone to take your exams for you, too. Even if you do that, you may pass the class but you won't succeed in anything but digging the hole you eventually have to climb of out that much deeper.

How about committing to actually learn the material, which involves YOU providing a detailed, step by step attempt at working YOUR assigned problem. That way we can see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong and help guide you toward a solution that you can rightfully claim ownership of.

Tdupclay

Joined Aug 27, 2020
Wow you are rude! That was one question out of 26. If you didn’t want to help, you didn’t have to say anything. I study very hard! If i wanted someone to do it for me, I would have simply uploaded the entire homework assignment and the quiz. So, before you state your off the wall, unnecessarily rude comments ask how can you help or are you just a bitter troll with clearly NO SOLUTION! Thank goodness there are great people in the world who have walked me through what I was doing wrong. Helpful people. You on the other hand just want to have an opinion about something. Take that shit to politics! I’m just trying to learn and further my education. My deepest apologies if you felt my approach in asking for help was wrong. At least I asked for help! People like you make things very uncomfortable! Next time just worry about yourself. If you can’t say something nice or productive just don’t say anything! TROLLS!!

Tdupclay

Joined Aug 27, 2020
Wow you are rude! That was one question out of 26. If you didn’t want to help, you didn’t have to say anything. I study very hard! If i wanted someone to do it for me, I would have simply uploaded the entire homework assignment and the quiz. So, before you state your off the wall, unnecessarily rude comments ask how can you help or are you just a bitter troll with clearly NO SOLUTION! Thank goodness there are great people in the world who have walked me through what I was doing wrong. Helpful people. You on the other hand just want to have an opinion about something. Take that shit to politics! I’m just trying to learn and further my education. My deepest apologies if you felt my approach in asking for help was wrong. At least I asked for help! People like you make things very uncomfortable! Next time just worry about yourself. If you can’t say something nice or productive just don’t say anything! TROLLS!!

If your approach to passing the class is to have other people do your work for you, then you are unlikely to succeed -- unless you can get someone to take your exams for you, too. Even if you do that, you may pass the class but you won't succeed in anything but digging the hole you eventually have to climb of out that much deeper.

How about committing to actually learn the material, which involves YOU providing a detailed, step by step attempt at working YOUR assigned problem. That way we can see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong and help guide you toward a solution that you can rightfully claim ownership of.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is tempting to think that everything revolves around you and your specific problems. The vast majority of people who ask for help actually want spoon fed answers and ARE IN FACT unwilling to exert even minimal effort to solve their own problems. Your entitled to take all the umbrage you want; just don't be surprised if it gets you fired someday. Bosses have very little tolerance for an entitled attitudes.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
my 27y internet experience has sown such has no point
such does not have desired effect because
  • you don't teach an old dog new tricks
  • it bends the discussion to an off topic pointless hassle
  • you upset yourself and drag your mind off your problem
    (though - it may have a thoughts clear-off effect -- allowing to exit the dead thought pattern cycle)

just curious - describe in brief "studying hard" (no joke -- you must do something really wrong if you can't allocate trivia from the web)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I ended up going to office hours and the problem was I was using the wrong Steinhart Equation. I figured it out thank you.
And had you just shown your effort, we could have spotted that you were using the wrong equation immediately and saved you a trip to office hours.

Tdupclay

Joined Aug 27, 2020
It is tempting to think that everything revolves around you and your specific problems. The vast majority of people who ask for help actually want spoon fed answers and ARE IN FACT unwilling to exert even minimal effort to solve their own problems. Your entitled to take all the umbrage you want; just don't be surprised if it gets you fired someday. Bosses have very little tolerance for an entitled attitudes.
Thank you for your criticism. You don‘t know me. So once again, thank you for you unnecessary opinion. Enjoy the rest of you day. I got the help I needed. Sometimes working out ONE problem with someone else helps ALOT! It‘s just a different style of learning. I can’t speak for anyone else on here nor do i care what anyone else is doing. Enjoy trolling and critiquing people. That’s the true entitlement. You felt it absolutely necessary to attempt to be little me for asking for help with ONE problem. Thats flat out weird and you clearly have to much time on your hands. I have never been fired and definitely don’t plan it. I take much pride in pursuing my education no matter how you feel about ONE equation! Trust me I will never post asking for help again! I’m just going to hire a tutor! Sorry things don’t click as fast for me as they do for you. You don’t know me personally so this is all the energy I will give to you. Please enjoy the rest of this beautiful evening, meditate and stop attacking people. I’m going back to minding the business that pays me.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
someone else helps ALOT
this is all very beautiful ...
... you know why children growing up in poor countries where the war is everyday ... and perhaps in families that classify violent in western terms ... are much more lucky than the one in "civilized world" . . .
. . . is the emergence of survival -- they're perfectly trained to survive ...
perhaps even better than special forces of the military -- because for them such is everyday

however you're free to choose your level of expertise

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I ended up going to office hours and the problem was I was using the wrong Steinhart Equation. I figured it out thank you.
could you share with the forum how you solved it,
so others in the future might benefit from the forum