HELP PLEASE wiring, walkabout 330 mobility scooter

maccaorgordon

Joined Sep 18, 2012
I got a circuit board on my walkabout 330 mobility scooter and i'd like to know what the B+ and B+sw ....stand for and what are they for ????...any help is appreciated as i am lost TOTALLY :eek::)
Thanks in advance
macca

Last edited by a moderator:

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Just a guess, but B+ would be raw battery power and B+SW would be battery power that is switched. Sort of like BAT and IGN or ACC on an automobile.

maccaorgordon

Joined Sep 18, 2012
I have 2 walkabout scooters that were working I tried to get a broken key out of one and stuffed up by cutting wires to get behind the tumbler thing so I gave it to a bloke to get working for me and it came back working but he'd cut so many wires out that I had trouble and decided to try and restore it and they do not make diagrams for the walkabout scooter (why I'd like to know)so I thought I'd work on the other one which was going but had been sitting around for a fair while I managed to get it going but the trouble that I got now is that the brakes do not hold and it creeps along and when I flick the forward reverse switch it still creeps back or forward can someone list all the possible reasons why it creeps fand don't stop , it stops when I turn it off , thanks in advance Gordon or Macca dscn1079-788x747 scooters mobility walk about.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
How do the brakes work? Is it like a car (brake drum or disc brake)? Have you verified that it engages?

If it only creeps when it's on, have you verified that the throttle is actually in a neutral position when not engaged?

Not making diagrams available discourages non-authorized and/or non-qualified people from working on them.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Can you add another sentence to explain what this means: "...it came back working but he'd cut so many wires out that I had trouble..."

In other words, if it was "working," I wouldn't expect "I had trouble" in the same sentence without telling us more about the situation.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The brake on my scooter is electrical not mechanical. When the scooter is turned off, it uses the motor to resist movement.
[EDIT] It is a Solax Genie.

maccaorgordon

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Does anybody understand the old Walkabout Scooters , i am a 67 yo pensioner and having i am having trouble understanding some things and need assistance desperately PLEASEEEEE i have 2 of the same model walkabouts but they have 2 differant circuit boards the wiring looks the same but i don't know how to sort out the B+ (SW) and the B+ , on the smaller circuit board i can't find the B+, it has a B- but no B+ surely there is a simple way to work it out , there is no wiring diagrams so i'm hoping someone can guide me thru step by step i think there is a way to use the bigger circuit board as a guide seeing the parts not on the small circuit board are actually connected to the fiberglass body , And i'm fascinated but don't know even where to start ....THANKS in advance and have a merry Xmas everyone
Macca or Gordon

Attachments

maccaorgordon

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Can you add another sentence to explain what this means: "...it came back working but he'd cut so many wires out that I had trouble..."

In other words, if it was "working," I wouldn't expect "I had trouble" in the same sentence without telling us more about the situation.
Hi the bloke who got it going cut wires and rerouted it so it worked but the brakes didn't work and before that i broke the key in the ignition (it was fully working till i broke the key )and trying to get the broken key out i cut thru wires so i could get to it and stuffed the wiring up trying to fix it ) i should have left it alone , i can't afford the cost to repair it so i am trying to fix it myself but i don't understand and have no one to answer my questions and explain how things work and where the wires go , I hope you can undestand what i'm trying to explain Kind Regards
Gordon

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I think the IC on the board in you picture is a PWM controller. As there is no power device on that board I would expect there to be another board with a the power device. (Probably a power mosfet.) I would expect this to be located close to the motor. I expect the 8 core cable will to go to this area. can you post pictures of this area ? Can you clarify if the brake is mechanical or electrical ?

Les.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Hi Dave and jpanhalt,
I think you are right about the IC being an LM324. I traced out the schematic of the board and it looks like it is just monitoring battery voltage. So it will have nothing to do with the brake fault.

Les.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
@LesJones
Judging from the 1st and 3rd pictures, I am assuming nothing works now. Pic#1 shows a PCB with 5 wires to a bus connected to Vcc plus 2 wires to GND? Pic#3 is missing those wires. The PCB looks homemade. Since nothing is dated, we don't know whether the original had that PCB, and if not, who built it and what the purpose of Pic#3 is.

It's hard to tell whether language is an issue or the TS simply can't take the time to give a clear description of the problem(s). If it is just the brake, that might be fixed with advice from here. If nothing is working and the factory PCB has been removed, then the chance of a fix seems remote unless someone has a similar mobility device to copy.

pmd34

Joined Feb 22, 2014
Hi! Its a little hard to follow everything with all the wires coming and going, and no idea where they went to. Regarding the + and the - wires, it is possible that they chose to switch only the (+) terminal with one model and changed over to switching the (-) wire with the other.
The best way to proceed would be to try and draw up the circuit with the things you know... the motor connections, the switch, the circuit board.. etc..
Its a very simple curcuit board so it would be no problem drawing it out as a schematic.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Why have you started another thread on the same topic ? This will only add to the confusion. Also indicating which scooter the pictures relate to would reduce the confusion. Just label the pictures red or blue scooter. A picture of the front of the control panel would also help so we can see what the switches and LEDs do.

Les.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi macca,
All the posts in the 3 Threads you have created for the same topic, have now been moved to this single thread.
Please use the same thread for the same topic.

Moderation.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Just a hint for the future...
Take lots of good pictures BEFORE you start cutting wires. That has saved me many times.