help-pic controlled cutter

indika perera

Joined Mar 7, 2013
hey..frds..i need an endless support from all of you to build an electronic elastic cutter that can cut elastic roll into lengthy pieces but it should be able to adjust size required length occasionally..also it should not be computer controlled but controlled itself using pic micro controller..so anyone experienced such circuit or having knowlege of building such circuit..plz help me to do my project..

thank you..
indi

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One typical way it is done on a cut-to-length machine is to have a rotary encoder with rubber wheel ran on the material as it comes off the reel, the exact length is obtained from the encoder count and the shear or? is then operated.
Max.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Since this is for elastic I imagine the mechanical design will be interesting. There needs to be constant tension on the elastic as it is being measured or else the length of the cut piece would be variable.

indika perera

Joined Mar 7, 2013
Thx...all

yep i have intended to make some kind of cutter m\c(same as vinyl cutter) which is capable of cutting elastic into different sizes..i wanted to use stepper motor to get accurate measurement..

thx you.

indi