Help me brothers

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by supertausif, Aug 5, 2012.

1. supertausif

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Good morning to all my brothers
    i have a timer circuit with 555 which has ability to turn a relay on for 30 seconds and then automatically turns the relay off. actually it is a heater timer installed on diesel engines to turn on the heaters for 30 seconds. my concern is that can i modify this circuit in such a way that it turns on the relay for 10 sec then turn off the relay for 10 seconds and then again turn on the relay for 10 sec and then turn off the relay for 10 second and so on. means it start turning on the relay for 10 seconds for three times with 10 seconds intervals. i hope that i conveyed what i wants.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Are these diesel engines in vehicles?

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    If I understand your needs, you could look into using a counter IC such as 4017 together with your timer circuit. With that, you could have it cycle up to ten times before the counter un-enables further cycles.

4. supertausif

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    yes... i hope it will help me. thanks...

5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Then I'm afraid we can't assist you. The forum has explicit rules regarding automotive modifications -- namely discussing them is forbidden.

Look at the sticky entitled No More Automotive Guidelines. In there you will find some links to forums that are receptive to that kind of thing. Good Luck.