Help identifying cable connector

blah2222

Joined May 3, 2010
Hello,

I am trying to figure out the name of the input connector type (left-most connector) pictured in the LP511 and LP122 amplifiers on this page:
http://www.aseansaintifik.com.my/products.php?productname=GRASSTECHNOLOGIES

It appears to accept 7-pins, but I can't figure out if this is a standard connector based on its pin geometry.

Unfortunately, these are the only images that I can find.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sky779

Joined Jan 12, 2016
Have you tried looking from the "other end"? What I mean by this is look at the spec sheet and sales PDF for the equipment that Grass intended for this amplifier to hook to. The other thing to find more info would be to email Asean for a PDF manual or spec sheet or even call Asean and try and get a Tec on the phone for that piece of equipment. And then pick their brain to pieces. I try to do this when I have a "new" piece of equipment come into the shop for repair. (My problem is that by the time I get the apparatus it's way past discontinued. Good luck finding anyone still with the company that remembers the apparatus let alone knows how it was made.)

blah2222

Joined May 3, 2010
Have you tried looking from the "other end"? What I mean by this is look at the spec sheet and sales PDF for the equipment that Grass intended for this amplifier to hook to. The other thing to find more info would be to email Asean for a PDF manual or spec sheet or even call Asean and try and get a Tec on the phone for that piece of equipment. And then pick their brain to pieces. I try to do this when I have a "new" piece of equipment come into the shop for repair. (My problem is that by the time I get the apparatus it's way past discontinued. Good luck finding anyone still with the company that remembers the apparatus let alone knows how it was made.)
I have been through 20 years worth of archived webpages from when Grass was a part of Astro-Med and now with Natus Medical. These products have been around forNatus dropped the product-line this year.

The sites were well-documented but no PDFs or detailed images available. I have basically been going off of eBay and Google images. I have also been emailing a bunch of Natus' technical support staff. I actually just happened to find someone that really knows the products. Hoping to get an answer back!

Cheers!

Standisher

Joined Jan 16, 2015
It does appear to be some kind of DIN socket but of all the images I couldn't find one to match. Possibly bespoke to stop inadvertent connection of inappropriate devices? :-(

din.PNG

blah2222

Joined May 3, 2010
I received a pin-out from tech support. Doesn't give the make/model of the connector, unfortunately.
It seems the connector might be slightly different, unless the image is not to scale.

From Amplifier Manual:

Smiths/Hypertronics D02PB706:

There is a company called Fogg Systems that makes tons of interface cables.
I am trying to contact them for more information.

sagr703

Joined Nov 11, 2020
Hi there, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I am looking for the manual for the LP122 amplifier and GRASS are not responding to my emails. Is there any chance you still have the pdf?
Thanks in advance