Help erratic appliance after stepdown transformer

Mennaelwassal

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Newbie here, I purchased a juicer from Canada (Philips avance 1894/74) on the bottom it requires 120v 60Hz 200W. Now I want to use it in Egypt where the power outlet is 220v 50Hz. I also bought an international converter on the box it says (converts 220/240V foreign electricity to 110/120V for use with most north American appliances rated 0-1875 watts)
When I plug them in, the juicer works for about 10 secs then stops, this happens everytime I press the power button bearing in mind that it makes no difference when I change the settings on the converter from low to high and vice versa. I also tried the same converter with a nitro bullet bought also from Canada and it did the same thing. I am however sure that the converter is working as i use it for a chargeable vaccum bought from the USA.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Do you have any kind of test equipment like a voltmeter so you can check to see whether the converter is cutting out?

Lacking a voltmeter maybe you can use a multiple outlet adapter to allow you to plug in a low powered lamp while you try to run the juicer. If the lamp dims a lot or goes out you will know that the converter is the problem.

Mennaelwassal

Joined Aug 1, 2017
Thank you
Do you have any kind of test equipment like a voltmeter so you can check to see whether the converter is cutting out?

Lacking a voltmeter maybe you can use a multiple outlet adapter to allow you to plug in a low powered lamp while you try to run the juicer. If the lamp dims a lot or goes out you will know that the converter is the problem.
t