help> auto off switch?

kchan

Joined May 14, 2004
hi guys, im thinking of creating a switch for my water tank and water pump. i saw a thread here almost the same and its about moist sensor.

can u guys give me ideas about this and if possible, a diagram for the circuit? thanks

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Kchan, what do you want to accomplish? Do you want the pump to turn off when the water reaches a certain level? What sensor(s) do you have? Cumesoftware's suggestion will work for a time-based turn-off, if that such what you are seeking.

kchan

Joined May 14, 2004
hi all, thx for the replies

@cume sorry for the poor information i give, i already have an auto on/off timer based switch but it doesnt function well as sometimes the water is weak and the tank wont be full in a time period i set.

@thing yes thats what i wanted, but i dont have any sensors and etc yet. i also know only basic in electronics so i hope if u guys have a schematic, the components wouldnt be so hard to find coz i dont know how to get replacements parts

thank u

kchan

Joined May 14, 2004
ok i think its kinda hard for me i might just try and keep looking if there is any available "kits" for this. thanks

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
http://www.aquahub.com/store/doityourself.html

These will work for fish tanks, cisterns, et al. You might want to double-check temperature tolerances if your tank is a hot-water heater. The same company has float switches for as little as seven dollars.

Aquahub has many competitors; a little shopping around should net you just what you want. Try the search engine term "float switch."

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Normally float switches are used for such applications. They are more reliable and durable, and yet simpler than electronic sensors. It is pretty common to find one in water tanks and reservoirs. It is better than a timer, since it relies on water level. I didn't know what you were looking before, so, sorry for my other suggestion.