help a beginer to learn

hamedrad

Joined Jan 2, 2016
hello all users, i know that this request is rediculous for you that are pro, but it is very important to me. help please!
i am a begginer in electronics and i want to learn it. please help me.
i am realy confused with the logic and concepts of electricity.electricity means the movement of electrons in wires. current means the direction of this movement and we study it in the books that is wave. i can't imagine waves, carrying information and more than that analog waves that we transfer information with. and many other basics that i only read about but never could understand the real meaning and concepts.
can yoou help me or suggest any site that i can learn the basics of digital and analog electricity?

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
electricity means the movement of electrons in wires. current means the direction of this movement...
no...
electrical charge is inherent property of certain particles. we do not understand real nature of charge but can describe forces when charged bodies interact with each other. smallest charged particle is an electron but this is by no means the only one (there are protons and ions for example). electrical current is any movement of any type of charged particles in any medium. it is not limited to movement of electrons in metals - it can be in liquids, vacuum etc.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Look at that first answer and understand this: I can't even think at your level now. The best I can say is read, read, read. Then try some basic DC circuits like a battery and a light bulb. Repeat as necessary. There is a dark blue line across the top of this page which has the word, "textbooks". Click on that.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I think #12 and nsaspook have it right. Go to Education-Textbooks-Volume 1-Direct Current and start reading. If you want to confuse yourself and go around in circles, keep doing what you are doing. Walk before you run. Build a good solid foundation and then move on.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I agree, you mis-understand the basics. Read and study the basics as recommended. The most important thing to remember is.....when you read something that you don't understand, STOP RIGHT THERE. Do Not Proceed!

When you see a word that you don't understand or a principle that you don't understand or a math equation that you do not understand............Stop.

You have the internet now. Make sure you understand the sentence or equation that you are reading, before you read the next sentence.

This is science and the knowledge comes in steps. If you miss or jump a step, you will fall.

Learn to use a search engine. With time you will discern the good from the bad. It takes time.

With the internet, you can study any subject, learn to research and study.

For some people, like the people here, once we had a understanding of basic electricity, we all study the rest of our lives.

P.S. panic mode, is that how current is defined now? I was taught that current had to be an ordered, circuit, of free electrons, that distinguished it from other charge movement. Ionization, for instance, which is charge movement, would not be considered "current". Polarization would not have been considered current. What's that plasma stuff?

Things change, we always need to study.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
current means the direction of this movement and we study it in the books that is wave.
That's the duality of particles: they can be understood sometimes more easily as particles and others as waves.

i can't imagine waves, carrying information and more than that analog waves that we transfer information with.
Think about a stone hitting a pond. The waves generated by the hit tells you something about the fact that something has hit the water.

The existence (and non-existence) of an "analog" wave can be informative; The magnitude of such wave can be informative; So can the frequency of such waves, or the changing of frequencies of such waves, .... All depends on how the transmitting and receiving side agree to interpret such things: the fancy word for that is "protocol".

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The wave nature of transmission in PCB tracks is an important subject and causes real distortion of the signal...take a look at this pdf from Texas Instruments:
http://www.ti.com/lit/an/scaa082/scaa082.pdf
The OP does not know the basics of electronics and you are suggesting foe the OP to read up on the intricacies of PCB design???

@hamedrad. igore this article and read the textbooks as suggested. You can come back to it once you have learned all of the basics.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
yep, and i was hesitant to reply unsure if any response would only cause more confusion. definitely have to dial way back and start with basic principles...