Help: 3 Phase Induction Motor Problem

ParagM

Joined Nov 6, 2014
I will be helpful if someone solve this problem,
A 4 pole, 1440 rpm, 3 phase induction motor is operated from a per phase voltage of 240 V, 50 Hz and driving a constant toque load. Calculate the following at f=25 Hz, airgap flux = constant = 4.8.
i. Supply voltage per phase
ii. Slip
iii. Slip frequency
iv. Percentage rotor loss

I have calculated synchronous speed Ns=120f1/p =1500
slip s = Ns-N / Ns = 0.04 & slip freq fr = s f1 = 2
Please answer i. & iv. & also verify my results.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

When he made an attemp, he should show it here.
That way we can see where he needs assistance.

Bertus

upopads2

Joined Sep 20, 2014
Bertus, did you read this? I know you are smarter than me.

Sounds a lot like an attempt.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Bertus, did you read this? I know you are smarter than me.

Sounds a lot like an attempt.
It's an attempt at half of the problem. For the other half, he explicitly asked to be given the answer without any further effort.

upopads2

Joined Sep 20, 2014
Bahn you are a smart man and I'm sure a great person, but I think you are a little too quick to judge people. You do not know how long Parag spent trying to figure out what to do next for this 3 phase power problem. When I was in engineering school, it would sometimes take me hours upon hours to solve problems and I'd still get the wrong answer. When I read your posts here, I interpret them as judgmental, almost as if you are trying to scare people away from engineering because they aren't trying hard enough. Sometimes people get stuck and they need help even if its just a small inch to set them in the right direction....Also I noticed you joined in 2012, when I was in college and asked questions on this board in 2008 I never ran into a person like you.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You're right, I have no idea how long Parag spent trying to work the other half because he has given no indication or evidence of trying at all. If he has spent hours trying, then it shouldn't be hard to post SOMETHING to show for it instead of just asking for someone to supply the answer to him. If you've read very much of my stuff on these boards at all, then you will have seen numerous examples of when I have been more than willing to work with someone for page after page after page to walk them through their struggles, going as far back to first principles as necessary. But I do ask that the person make (and show) their efforts to work their own problems so that we can guide them in their struggles based upon what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong.

As for you never running into a person like me in 2008.... so? What's your point?

upopads2

Joined Sep 20, 2014
When I was here in 2008 nobody would throw things back in my face like i see you doing with this guy, and other guys here like in the laplace topic. I see you coming down on people hard for deriving extremely complex equations, not everyone is a genius like you are.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
When I was here in 2008 nobody would throw things back in my face like i see you doing with this guy, and other guys here like in the laplace topic. I see you coming down on people hard for deriving extremely complex equations, not everyone is a genius like you are.
I'm not going to come down hard on someone for deriving an extremely complex equation -- you need to review that thread if you think that is what is happening. I will come down on someone for refusing, after several attempts, to start asking if their results make any sense compared to easily seen limiting cases. I will also come down on people for failing to use units, particularly when not doing so has already resulted in them either making a mistake or failing to catch a mistake that tracking units would have caught. I just guess that's baggage that comes from seeing someone die because they couldn't be bothered to track their units (and having come within about three feet of being that person instead).

ParagM

Joined Nov 6, 2014
Thanks vu2nan & others for devoting your valuable time!
This question is from university paper & I have given problem statement as it is.
I think, the question is incomplete.
Still, any kind of help will be appreciated.